No Bs agency

Rarer than rocking horse ■■■■, did a weeks work for an agency last week. Nights@9.00 ph but the o/t rate was £1 ph was simple Mansfield to thurrock trl swap so the rubbish o/t rate didn’t worry me, sunday i did co-op. @ 12 ph sunday rate. So today i get a call for another co-op run and am told rate is same as other job including the crap o/t rate, here is the part i think is BS … the reason they gave for crap o/t apart from the usual "difficult times " was that they got their work from deed poll and have rates set for them. I kindly refused the job, henceforth on a quest to find a new agency around j 28 area.

Ring them back with an apology when you’ve got your head straight.
Who knows, they might even want you back.

Isn’t it still illegal to offer wages of £1ph, or am I misunderstanding it is actually £9+£1ph? :open_mouth:

berewic:

Are you serious !! So the example i gave was for a night shift, so on days they pay 8ph and 9ph o/t. People that accept those terms are bringing wages down for everyone . People need to grow a pair and decline bad pay deals.

Well done for having a huge pair,
I hope you enjoy playing with them
whilst sitting at home.

Whirlwind:
they got their work from deed poll and have rates set for them. I kindly refused the job,

don’t you mean depoel?

Give this bunch a very wide berth

Whirlwind:

berewic:

Are you serious !!

I’m thinking you could earn more than a whole weeks dole money in a single day. :sunglasses:

berewic:

Whirlwind:

berewic:

Are you serious !!

I’m thinking you could earn more than a whole weeks dole money in a single day. :sunglasses:

That’s the problem, drivers think they have to accept bad pay or no job in 25 yrs of my working life i only claimed dole for 6 months and that was only because i was sat at home with a broken wrist

I dont even get an overtime rate, and £9 an hour is still alright money, eg not taking the ■■■■ plus co op aint bad to work for.

Either you support open door mass immigration or you don’t.

I know it’s not the immigrants fault, it’s the fault of those that vote for those political parties that insist on an open door mass immigration policy.

Now where’s this thread going.

dpoel = basically they go in and set a panel of suppliers and the rates and charges. but i must admit most work in that area is now either flat rate or time and a quarter the recession has brought prices down big style very few companies recruit for full time at the moment so its agency or sit on the dole.

coop 6 years ago was 8 time and a half after 8 time and a half sat and double time sunday so that just shows you how rates have reduced maybe they will go up if the dcpc comes into force but until then i cant see a raise coming, there are a lot of drivers with not much chance of finding a full time job at present!

There used to be a time when the night - rate was T 1/3 of the day rate, with overtime
at T 1/2 of that, and maybe a shift allowance as well, but now you are lucky to get £1 an hour more on nights than days, with the hourly rate paid right through for all hours.