No boots when driving

I was informed by our TM this morning that we are no longer allowed to wear boots whilst driving anymore ,must be safety shoes/trainers .Apparently this is as a result of an email sent through by the insurance company .I normally wear Rigger boots and have done for years as i spend a lot of time on building sites ,worked on building sites for years and is what i am used to.Has anyone else heard of this type of restriction ?

Nope

Personally, I prefer the steel toe capped CLOG, with the furry black and white cow-skin upper
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

You wanna tell your tm to stick to his job and you’ll stick to yours.

Christ this stupid country is becoming a joke

I thought boots were a part of the PPA :laughing: anyway, just tell the boss that if he pays, you`ll wear what he wants…high heels included :laughing:

Sounds reasonable to me, an inch or two of mud on the bottom of your riggers isn’t the safest way to control your truck ! Plus the crap you take into the cab.

so have we had a rash of accidents caused by drivers wearing boots ? 30yrs i’ve been wearing them and not had any complaints ,the company themselves don’t care it’s the insurance company that is objecting .

How does that work in winter then when most guys wear boots for warmth and to give more support on icy surfaces,most winter boots have an anti-slip sole :question: Mike

This has to be a wind-up :laughing:

Nothing new about this, tipper drivers mixer drivers…machine drivers all working in this industry were told about wearing riggers years ago, no support to ankles etc, H.S gone mad , i used to wear riggers all the time we had to change or banned of certain sites…answer is have 2 pairs in the cab , one to keep the quarry managers happy and the other for your own comfort.

i would tell him to p*ss off and do his job and grow some bolloxs and tell the insurance company , never heardsuch rubbish in my life .

persmnoaly i wear rigger boots there mainly for ease of slipping them off and jumping on the bed :laughing: and can pop them of when moving around the cab rather than some dirty pigs who will happily get on the bed with there boots on

martyh:
I was informed by our TM this morning that we are no longer allowed to wear boots whilst driving anymore ,must be safety shoes/trainers .Apparently this is as a result of an email sent through by the insurance company .I normally wear Rigger boots and have done for years as i spend a lot of time on building sites ,worked on building sites for years and is what i am used to.Has anyone else heard of this type of restriction ?

H&S ■■■■■■ trying to justify his job again :wink:

We need a decent union :smiley:

lol this is obviously a wind up?

next we will be told to wear a high-vis hat whilst driving

merc0447:
lol this is obviously a wind up?

Nope ,as much as i wish it was it isn’t .The insurance company have told our company to tell the drivers the stop wearing boots when driving .

Should point out that i am 6’ 3" and changing footwear in the cab of a 7.5tonner will be amusing to say the least …probably for the FLT drivers :cry:

where do you work. I will be there to film it lol

Boots are generally much wider than shoes etc so that gives more chance that they will hit the wrong pedal so its quite sensible to ban them

Believe that and you’ll believe anything :laughing: