No 12v in a 15 reg Actros

Got to drive an Actros next week as my Daf is in for MOT. Can’t for the life of me find a 12v socket. There are THREE 24v sockets. No user manual with the truck. Can one of you help? Think it is bottom of the range, as there is no underbunk storage, and very few extras. Last time I drove an Actros was about 15 years ago and it had everything in it. Not too bothered as my spare fridge box will run off 240v so I’ll take my little inverter with me.

Have a look up from the passenger side footwell where it meets the side of the dash. There should be 1 24v cig light socket, and above it a 12v cl socket. It is switch operated on dash, red light comes on when live.
There are no Hella sockets which is a bad point imo.

robroy:
Have a look up from the passenger side footwell where it meets the side of the dash. There should be 1 24v cig light socket, and above it a 12v cl socket. It is switch operated on dash, red light comes on when live.

The 12v socket is where you say, but my 15 plate had not got a switch on the dash to turn it on like older Actros’s. Think it just powers up when the ignition is on.

Cheers guys, will have a look in the footwell when I go back. must admit I was searching from the drivers side, so probably didn’t lean over enough.

Had a basic fleet spec unit for a short time and there was no 12v outlet in the passenger footwell.

Apparently its a cost option!

The one I drive is a 64 plate so won’t be a lot (if any) different. Mines a poverty spec so can confirm there’s no 12v.

Or rain sensors.

Or auto lights.

robroy:

Perhaps when you open the Ashtry there could be one

Is no ashtray on the actros as such…It’s a little pot like thing.By the handbrake.

In my actros there are 2 power sockets in the passenger footwell. One is 24v and one is 12v. They work without ignition being on.

Further to that, if you haven’t driven an actros before… they are the ■■■■■■■■■ motor I have ever driven. The auto box is the worst Merc auto I have driven, and they have no power, so unless you are carrying lightweight bubblewrap, or are in no hurry to get somewhere, you will probably find you spend a lot of time in manual mode selecting 11th rather than 12th gear.

Just put the plug half way in, therefore you’ll only get half of the voltage, works for me.

the maoster:
The one I drive is a 64 plate so won’t be a lot (if any) different. Mines a poverty spec so can confirm there’s no 12v.

Or rain sensors.

Or auto lights.

Don’t worry about not having auto rain sensors, in the new Actros they’re absolutely useless. The previous ones were great and you could get them to work how you wanted them to. They had 4 settings depending on how much rain you were prepared to put up with until they wiped. On the new ones there’s only 2 settings and even the more sensitive one is useless. You’re driving practically blind before they kick in some times.

Its a deff fault of the new actros the lack of 12v power points , esp now with people using more and more eletronic devicses sat-navs/phone chargers / i pads etc .
i have a “big space” and i generally love it , truth be told its far to good for what we do but hey ho am not going to complain.
24v sockets every where an only the one (or as i have now seen from these posts) some have none!

get it fixed merc

you could always by a plug in 24v to 12v voltage dropper, they usually come with 2 12v sockets in the unit.

Bilgepump:
Got to drive an Actros next week as my Daf is in for MOT. Can’t for the life of me find a 12v socket. There are THREE 24v sockets. No user manual with the truck. Can one of you help? Think it is bottom of the range, as there is no underbunk storage, and very few extras. Last time I drove an Actros was about 15 years ago and it had everything in it. Not too bothered as my spare fridge box will run off 240v so I’ll take my little inverter with me.

Yeah mate Mercedes are defo pony wagons go daf with there massive turning circles and comfy bed what more do you need in life.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
}

Fool

Terry T:

the maoster:

Or rain sensors.

Or auto lights.

Don’t worry about not having auto rain sensors, in the new Actros they’re absolutely useless. The previous ones were great and you could get them to work how you wanted them to. They had 4 settings depending on how much rain you were prepared to put up with until they wiped. On the new ones there’s only 2 settings and even the more sensitive one is useless. You’re driving practically blind before they kick in some times.

Really??

We have reached the stage where ‘attendants’ can no longer switch on the wipers when the screen gets wet?

Absolutely. When I did my lessons I was taught to drive, not how to operate ancillary equipment such as wipers. I’ve lost count of the number of accidents I’ve had over the years due to running into stuff in heavy rain.

Auto wipers are a cost option on the MP4. On the old ones you could switch between auto sensing and pre set intermittent wipes. On the MP4 you cannot do this. Once auto sensing is installed you’re stuck with it.

To put it bluntly, it doesn’t work. If rain is too light for a full wipe the wipers squeak as the screen is too dry. Depending on how heavy the rain is you can be flicking them on and off over and over which soon gets irritating as the miles and minutes pass by.

You’d be pretty annoyed if you’d paid extra for this no.

I don’t recall saying I don’t or can’t switch them on. The fact they annoy the hell out of me says I do just that. But I always try the sensors out when I get an MP4 and to me it feels unsafe to drive before it kicks in so I do it manually.

I guess Mercedes think it’s safe :unamused:

Glad that couple of days are over. Did not like the Merc at all. There was no 12v socket. Lived out of a couple of bags, the three tiny little cupboards above the windscreen were worse than useless. Only one bunk so acres of space above the bunk - could they not have put some storage up in the roof area? Suspension was awful -drove over the small speed bumps to get out of our yard, phone and pens on the dash disappeared down into the windscreen, bags fell off the bunk, and thought I had twisted my neck!! It was a rental, so the instruction book was missing - had to ask someone where the steering wheel adjustment was, and also gave up with dash computer - did not matter what I did with the cruise control I could not get it to set above 52.9mph, even though the truck would do 56 all day. Back in my big cab DAF no so happy again.

You must’ve been running in Auto Economy mode. Press the button on the end of the gear stalk to select Auto and hold it in for Manual.

Both allow 56mph cruising.