NMT Transport70s

Does Anyone out there have any [Piccs] or Memories of this 70s Firm [NMT] Industrial Storage Depots At Haydock/Shotts/Bristol w/houses Heston, We had Mostly Fodens For Dodge ERF at Haydock then we Gt these Scanias Picc Courtesy of the Archive Cheers Chris.

I remember the Scanias out of Haydock, they looked great in the early seventies. I was subbing from Pritchett’s at Ashton in Makerfield, so used to see the NMT motors fairly regularly. IIRC the company was owned by an Asian guy who had had transport before and vowed never to have it again - but was talked into it. Hence the name, short for No More Transport!

John West:
I remember the Scanias out of Haydock, they looked great in the early seventies. I was subbing from Pritchett’s at Ashton in Makerfield, so used to see the NMT motors fairly regularly. IIRC the company was owned by an Asian guy who had had transport before and vowed never to have it again - but was talked into it. Hence the name, short for No More Transport!

Thats Correct John, he was A Pakistani, had Lots of dealings In and around Heston London Etc, I once went 4a Job at Prichetts was Offered a start, but went elsewhere, like u did them Days Thanks 4the Input mate, Cheers Chris

GVA 395 K.jpg

Can’t tell from the photo, but I remember them as dark green. What traffic did they haul?

John West:
Can’t tell from the photo, but I remember them as dark green. What traffic did they haul?

Hi John, Yes they were Green and Red Chassis, Main work was UG Rosckware Mainly to Scotch, and anything General, Anywhere, I only found the Piccs buy chance just browsing the Archives? Do u remember the Fodens we ad b4 we got the Scanis, all the Scanis came from Scotland, and we Picked them up after Pre Del at Shotts, I thought there mite be a few more People on er Who worked ther or new of It? ah" well It"s early days yet only Posted Y/Day, Cheers Mate Chris.