NJ turnpike scam

This is how corrupt some state’s are…
Yesterday afternoon I was heading north on the New Jersey turnpike in my 2 week old truck and BANG !!! the rear driver side super single blew out, I was doing 65 MPH in the middle lane, and my truck is so sound proofed that it sounded like a small ‘pop’, looking in the mirror I saw the smoke and pulled on the shoulder, called in and gave my tyre size, a brand new super single of course. I got a call from Michelin tyre service asking me to slowly drive to the next exit because they did not have authority to do repairs on the turnpike. I of course refused, there was already a new tyre destroyed and I was not about to destroy a brand new alloy rim, besides which if DOT saw me doing that I would have been in big trouble. The company then called the NJTP authorities who he said would have to tow me off the highway, which again would destroy the rim, cost about a grand then the new tyre and rim would be very expensive. The NJTP then called me and said they would send their own tyre company out but it would not be a Michelin, I would have to take a Continental and lump it. An hour after the call a tyre guy arrived and he did the work, I didn’t mind the view as I waited because I was right alongside the main runway at Newark airport, so I watched the planes coming and going. The guy was a Russian and made me laugh when he said “I have been here 15 years, I left a country with a crazy President and now live in a country with a crazy President who is best friends with the first crazy President” LOL.
Anyway the bill was paid over the phone by my company but the invoice was handed to me … $1140.00 for a ■■■■■■’ tyre :open_mouth:

hi pat what a spot for blowout lovely njtp.lol.doesnt suprise me m8 long as u were safely of the morons highway i f…ing hate that place well all of it new england till n.carolina you can keep it /people traffic nightmare .lol. just arrived back in n/pton last night for a month gd to be home in more snow chaos here minus 4 dont know what they do where iwa xmas day lethbridge alberta minus 45 anyway of for english brekkers .hope your health holding up m8 stay well steve

Welcome to France