Niverville MB to Georgia diary with pics

Ok here goes then for those of you interested in the job out here this is my last trip south before christmas.

DAY 1
Into to the yard for midday on friday pick up my trailer and top up with fuel and we`re ready for the off
with a full load of truck parts for reconditioning going to Paccar in Morrow GA.

Run down to the US border at Pembina ND and throu there with no problems,
sorry no pics as the tend to get a little excited at people with there cameras out.
Heading south on I29 i spot Bryn who drives the big Volvo from our firm on his way home (another ex-pat)

Down to Fargo ND the left into Minnesota on I94 and the scale is open

No problems here all axle weights are good so its time to push on and i get myself around Minneapolis tonight and park up in Wilson WI
812 kms covered and 8 hrs driving.

DAY 2
And back on the road for 7am with a nice easy day of just driving throu Wisconsin & Illinos
The traffic out here really gets you down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Someones not having such a good day and a strange place to tip

Stop of for some fuel in La Salle IL then push on down to Paducah KY for the night
1120 kms covered and 10.75 hrs driving.

DAY 3
Up bright and early and on the road for 5.15am and head down towards Nashville TN
Nashville

Stop off just south of there for a spot of breakfast and then on down to Atlanta GA.
Brake check area near Monteagle TN

This is total overkill, but if you seen the way they drive out here you`d understand :laughing:

Well the snow is now well behind me and its starting to warm up just nice now :smiley:

Somemore top quality drivng, this was right at the entry slip road into the scale near Resace GA, bet it took some explaining to the DOT :blush:

Into the Petro truckstop on the Atlanta ring road for fuel & wash for me & the truck :laughing:

Before

During

And after

Both fed and watered and off around to my drop for the night 20 mins down the road,
another one of our motors is already on the bay when i arrive, so i do the same and thats it untill the morning.
Mine and Dennis`s motors in Paccar, the old meets the new.

660 kms covered and 6.5 hrs driving.

DAY 4
Empty by 7am and get my reload details and head off east on I20 to Augusta GA to collect a load of glass beads for Edmonton Alberta which i`ll just drop in our yard.
No one here when i arrive so its straight on the bay for me and i am all done and ready for the charge home by 12 midday :smiley:

Not much room for anything else in there so home it is

A quick stop to fax my customs paperwork and catch a little sun before i get back to the frozen north :laughing:

I make it back upto Oak Grove just north of Clarksville across the Tennesse/Kentucky state line.
1007 kms covered and 9.5 hrs driving.

DAY 5
On the road for 5am and run back up throu St Louis and cut up hwy 61 throu Missouri and Iowa as looking on the tinterweb it said they were going to have ice rain in Illinois and snow again in Wisconsin none of which i am a big fan of :laughing:
Throu St Louis at 9.30 am quite a big city but no traffic :laughing:

Into the Flying J at Wayland MO for yet more fuel & food, this will see me back to the yard now , the fuel that is not the food :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Make it upto Albert Lea MN for the night and we`re back into the white stuff :cry:

1156 kms covered and 11 hrs driving.

DAY 6
And i am on the road for 4am :open_mouth: but still eary start =eary finish which i like.
Around Minneapolis with no hassel as there all still in bed and head upto Fargo ND were in the night they`ve had a bit of ice rain which slows down homeward bound progress a little but it soon clears up near Grand Forks and it then a clear run to the border and back into the yard.
Home at last

All fueled up and washed and put away untill next year

875 kms covered and 9 hrs driving.

Happy Christmas to you all and i hope this ok for you.
Cheers

exellent diary mate very merry xmas to you mate regards martyn from south wales.

Thanks very much excellent post both in word and pictures
makes me bloody envious of all of you out there still reading
it will have to do,unfortunatlytake care have a nice break and
a great Christmas,looking forward to your next post

I particularly like the MK 10 Jaguar :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
I particularly like the MK 10 Jaguar :smiley:

Its a 1963 i think Pat with around 38000 mile on it and its immaculate…

You mean JagWAAR :laughing:

nianiamh:

That’s a big McDonalds :open_mouth:

hi,
really enjoyed that diary :smiley: .merry christmas.
regards andrew

Nice one Moyles,have a great holiday.

flat to the mat:
Nice one Moyles,have a great holiday.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers FTTM i am hoping for a new bag and some ■■■■■■■ as its getting a bit chilli out here.
You coming to the christening with me and NMN should be a good day out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have a good christmas and new year…

Already got the suit cleaned :laughing:

Great stuff,some great photos etc;
Merry Chrimbo and a happy new year :wink:

nice one mate, looks like your enjoying it out there :smiley:

Good read & nice pictures, nice to see it all tucked up for Xmas.

Fly sheet

Thankyou nianiamh :slight_smile: a good read :wink:

Great diary & fotos! :smiley:

Nadolig Llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda o Llanelli

Nice one mate.
Just one issue i might take up with you. Your picture showing your truck and that nice 379 has the caption “old meets new”.
I think you meant to say “PROPER TRUCK meets new”, Ha ha.

Liked that a lot.Thanks for putting it up for us to see :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cracking.
nice read, and pics, i do like your truck, very nice.
i like all the posts from the other side of the pond so to speak, good to see what its like over there, and it looks pretty good. :sunglasses:
what sort of size fuel tanks do you guys have, as you can put some serious mileage in, in a day, so wondered if you had to fill up daily? truck washes look thorough too, prob a better job than the 15 year old oiks at lpw purfleet :grimacing: