Nissan announce 1200 job losses

And so it goes on.

Despite the fact the workforce got to keep their jobs last year with the announcement of a new model being built at Sunderland,it’s easy to see how quickly things can change.

If your company does any work into or out of the plant,Fergusons is one example I can think of,then the future doesn’t look good.

Ken.

We run containers into nissan from tyne dock day and night and dont think anything will change as they are only going back to 2 shifts which was all they had when i started 6 yrs ago.Granted the container volumes have gone down in recent months but im not worried …yet!!!Nice to be doing 48hrs instead of 60odd!!!

a couple of points i would like to make.
i work out of nissan,delivering the vehicles.nissan are axing 1200 jobs,but by the time suppliers to nissan,deliverys etc are taken into account ,i bet that figure is double.
just makes me wonder,that there are around 480,000 people employed in the banking sector in the uk,and most of the banks are foreign owned.they get a goverment handout of billions of pounds.
the car industry,which employs around 1.3million people,has had err,well,uum,nothing.
when nissan announced the cuts,peter mandelson stated he wanted to visit the factory asap. WHY■■?,whats he going to do?
the goverment has been more than aware of the problems facing the car industry,and for that matter the haulage industry,and have done absolutley nothing to help either out.
on the other side of the coin,however,car manufacturers have been over producing cars for months.it had to end somewhere.

just a note,if you view the following website,there is a post on it about "parked up"ships all over the world,from container ships,oil,gas,car carriers,due to the downturn in economy.
shipspotting.com/modules/new … 07&forum=1

buck73:
a couple of points i would like to make.
i work out of nissan,delivering the vehicles.nissan are axing 1200 jobs,but by the time suppliers to nissan,deliverys etc are taken into account ,i bet that figure is double.
just makes me wonder,that there are around 480,000 people employed in the banking sector in the uk,and most of the banks are foreign owned.they get a goverment handout of billions of pounds.
the car industry,which employs around 1.3million people,has had err,well,uum,nothing.
when nissan announced the cuts,peter mandelson stated he wanted to visit the factory asap. WHY■■?,whats he going to do?
the goverment has been more than aware of the problems facing the car industry,and for that matter the haulage industry,and have done absolutley nothing to help either out.
on the other side of the coin,however,car manufacturers have been over producing cars for months.it had to end somewhere.

just a note,if you view the following website,there is a post on it about "parked up"ships all over the world,from container ships,oil,gas,car carriers,due to the downturn in economy.
shipspotting.com/modules/new … 07&forum=1

Banks are important, every other industry depends on them…Simple really…
I hate them as much as you do…

att:
Banks are important, every other industry depends on them…Simple really…
I hate them as much as you do…

sorry att,i know its your point of view,but i totally disagree.i think it"s the other way round.
banks depend upon the stability and profitability of business to keep them in business.
something which has sadly declined in this country for years for various reasons.manufacturing,engineering,all gone.sorry, but if the goverments think the way forward is by call centres and the like,no wonder we are in the state we are in.
if business are"nt in business,neither are the banks,as per the recent turmoil.