Nisa. DHL contact

Hi just wondering if any drives from the DHL NISA contract are on here. Info of work and pay would be appreciated

Work is stores or trunk, heavy & potentially fatal…! Trucks are newish & slow, not likely to be replaced in the near future seeing its DHL running it. Lots of red tape too so be prepared, money is average…

Cheers fella. I heard it’s tramping through a agency? Is this true

I saw a b+q motor pulling a nisa tri the other day which seemed strange but I’m guessing its to do with Dhl utilising there motors

dozy:
I saw a b+q motor pulling a nisa tri the other day which seemed strange but I’m guessing its to do with Dhl utilising there motors

Seen knowhow units pulling BQ trailers too…

Hard work at the stores, (by any standards). The shop owner will not help you pull a pallet of pop or beans over the uneven ground, (Hes above that sort of thing), preferring instead to watch you struggle. At other shops theres only a bit ■■■■■■■ the till who can`t leave her post.
A modest premium over the standard hourly rate to compensate for the grief and not having a second man.

And yes, a driver was killed on this job last xmas when a cage runaway cage took him out.

I know some guys who do it all the time and don`t complain because its a regular job. Takes all sorts.

a nisa driver comes to the same collection point as i do every afternoon. he does the night trunk, bristol to newport to daventry to stoke and back to bristol !!! all he needs is a broom up his ■■■ and he can clean the road as well :smiley:

i know he works through an agency but dont know the rates only its long hours.

i work for them are you going to be based at scunny the works as any other easy days as well as hard days which agency are you working for as some are better than others. there might be tramping work but as a general rule its day work with a few nights out. by the way you need to be ■■■■ hot at your reversing as some of the shops are def a challenge to get to not your norm rdc work that’s why the moneys not bad pm me if you need more info i will set you straight

I did it about 10 years ago lasted 1 week far easier ways to earn a wage would never go back no matter how high the pay.

done 1 day there a few months ago…5 drops in the W.Midlands.all small shops,some on housing estates.hard work…

mac12:
I did it about 10 years ago lasted 1 week far easier ways to earn a wage would never go back no matter how high the pay.

softcore :laughing: :laughing:

The customers up here are usually a good bunch. I got on great with my regulars on the Aberdeen run. The job was ruined by a transport office full of useless tossers though. They are the reason i wouldn’t go back, not the job itself but i am not afraid of some grafting

Pimpdaddy:

dozy:

Seen knowhow units pulling BQ trailers too…

And I’ve actually seen a B&Q unit pulling a B&Q trailer :laughing: :laughing:

There is no point doing shop delivery work . . .

. . . unless you have to.

:slight_smile::):slight_smile:

Been working for them for 5 and half years out of Scunthorpe 4 day week 30k plenty of overtime if you want it,yes shop deliveries some tight spots some hard work.most owners are helpful but as with life there are those who don’t want to help you.it can be 6 or 7 drops a day or you might get lucky with a couple of drops,night work Is trunking to other depots sometimes backloading to Scunthorpe.
B&Q pulling our trailers a couple of months ago came in to help us out when the sales volumes went through the roof and with a new contract starting things settled down now as they have brought more staff and vehicles in and more electric pallet trucks to help get the pallets to the shops.

I think a lot of the people on here who have posted comments have not done the job or have only done it for a couple of days it is hard work yes but as with all things it seems easier the longer you stick at it I think your best talking to the guys that have done the job and not the guys that have heard about the job anybody can slag a job off when they have not done it themselves most of the guys here have worked on this contract for years hope this helps:D