NIP question.

Howdo all.

I got home Sunday evening to find the dreaded letter from Dumfries police in the letterbox. Apparently I was clocked doing 53 in the lorry on the w/bound A75 near Castle Douglas a few weeks ago.

Obviously I did it (and tbh, I’m appalled at the speed. I honestly have no idea why I was going that fast. I’m hourly paid and under no pressure to speed so I have no sensible explanation for it. I don’t even recall seeing a van or camera :question: ) Having just cleared my licence of three points 4 years ago, I’m genuinely mortified by this.

Can anyone offer a sensible idea as to what the outcome is likely to be? I appreciate that at best it will be points and a fine but is it likely to be six points and a big fine due to the speed/road, or could it be worse?

Thanks in advance.

Martyn.

That’s shocking. A letter getting delivered on a Sunday :open_mouth:

m1cks:
That’s shocking. A letter getting delivered on a Sunday :open_mouth:

My, my, what a clever little boy you are. Someone asks for advice and the best you can manage is a childish remark.

After you’ve re-read the OP and you tell me where it says the letter was delivered on a Sunday, you might want to put your jim jams on and run along to beddy-byes…

And be careful you don’t get bashed up at playtime :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yawn! If you didn’t drive like a ■■■■■■ you wouldn’t need to come here asking for advice.
It was a tongue in cheek remark. I could have answered your question but it would have been speculation.
Hope the points don’t increase your insurance premium too much. ■■■■.

There’s a web site where you can get good advice and they’ve been known to get drivers of the hook but unfortunately can’t remember it sorry, do a search it’ll be on here somewhere.

Remembered now it’s these…www.pepipoo.com

threewheelsonmywagon:
Can anyone offer a sensible idea as to what the outcome is likely to be? I appreciate that at best it will be points and a fine but is it likely to be six points and a big fine due to the speed/road, or could it be worse?

Is that information not already on the NIP ? Usually is.

3 points and £50 I reckon

Possibly a speed awareness course instead of points

Thanks Rog, Mike and Baldbloke.

With regards the SAC, it would be the better option but I’ve heard that they aren’t offered in Scotland. Can any one confirm this??

threewheelsonmywagon:
I’ve heard that they aren’t offered in Scotland. Can any one confirm this??

That’s correct.

SAC isn’t available up here. I got one on A1 doin 51, north of border.

Hands up.

But am gonna string it out and hope six month limit runs out.

i.e. reply recorded delivery, 27 days before date on letter and forget to sign your reply.

Though if they take a huff, I think it can go to TC? not sure

macca73:

Hands up.

i.e. reply recorded delivery, 27 days before date on letter and forget to sign your reply.

Hows that work?

Was it a mobile van or a fixed camera? Haven’t seen any fixed at Castle Douglas myself so it’d be good to know.

Mike-C:

macca73:

Hands up.

Hows that work?

They gotta take u to court within 6 months, took over 30 days for NIP to come to me (after employer replied), I got 28 days tae reply, they gotta make me offer et n gi me more time tae reply, maths is lookin good for runnin out o time

mick.mh2racing:
Was it a mobile van or a fixed camera? Haven’t seen any fixed at Castle Douglas myself so it’d be good to know.

Was fixed, but miles fae there, on A1 at 9dinnae laugh) CockersburnPath.