nights out

hi all,
i’ve been in my current job for 3 months now and have survived this long :laughing:
but was just wondering what you do for food etc when away for 3 nights or sometimes 4 a week. how do you keep stuff cool like milk etc…
i borrowed one of those plug in cool boxes off the in laws but it never seemed to work that well, and once i left it plugged in over night and the truck battery went flat :blush: now it died completely lol.
any help, advice and suggestions would be appreciated. :slight_smile:
thanks

I got a waeco cool freeze cdf 25. £310 from world of camping. I leave it plugged in 24/7 and only uses 35 watts and it’s really quiet, I enjoy ice cold drinks and fresh food all week long, happy days. The normal cool boxes are crap I have tried one. Waeco is the way forward :smiley:

Dried milk powder,for tea,coffee and breakfast ceraels,in the morning,no need for fresh milk.Lidl`s do a load of camion cuisine,noodles,cans of chicken in white sauce,soups.Get a little camping gas stove,they sell the cartridges at most truck stops and camping shops.

get yourself a 24 volt oven. whack a readymeal on half hour before you stop then, voilla dinner is served. :smiley:

thanks rubberducky, sounds good but think thats a bit over my limited budget, especially as this current job is only temporary :frowning:

the oven idea sounds good too, how much are they going for?

i’ve got one of those camping stoves and i think its great, mostly use it for cooking tinned stuff and water for tea and coffee :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the oven was from all ride and was about 40 squid. but well worth. :smiley: ive not eaten from tins for ages

Tie a plastic bag with anything you want kept cool to the rear of the unit towards the top and it’ll stay cool

Tie a plastic bag with anything you want kept cool to the rear of the unit towards the top and it’ll stay cool

I’ve got a fridge and a microwave so don’t have to worry bout cool boxes

Tinned fish,like sardines or pilchards make a mini meal with Ryvita.

Either get a fridge or adapt your diet, I tend to live off snacks during the working day and go and find somewhere that does real food when I’m parked up, and no not mc Donaldson, lol, find a carvery or something like that, even a Market selling fresh stuff,

Some truckers leave stuff on the top passenger step that is within the door, can stay cool there,