Nights out in a nail of a truck

Fleabites? :open_mouth: :imp:

I really don’t think you should have to put up with that, but I do apppreciate that times are difficult at the moment.

So in the meantime:

saucyboar5:
sounds like you need a bug bomb in there,about 6 quid,let that off friday night,and get the hoover out saturday,no more nastys,

I’m not sure what they are, but they sound effective! :open_mouth:

If not, you can always pop into your local vets and ask for something called “Acclaim” - I think it’s about £14+ but can be sprayed on the carpet, seats, roof lining etc.

It’s a bit expensive, but kills EVERYTHING for about 4 months and doesn’t seem to cause problems if you’re sensitive e.g. asthma. There’s no point using something that will kill your lungs too!

It’s very difficult if your boss’

Lankytim:
idea of clean is different to most others, thats probably the main problem. He cant see what im moaning about as he would have no worries taking the truck out!

For the sake of my own health and sanity, I’d clean the cab in my own time and supply my own cleaning materials rather than spending the night in a filthy pit.

Very awkward. I hope you can work it out. :confused:

LoadsOfHorses:
Fleabites? :open_mouth: :imp:

I really don’t think you should have to put up with that, but I do apppreciate that times are difficult at the moment.

So in the meantime:

saucyboar5:
sounds like you need a bug bomb in there,about 6 quid,let that off friday night,and get the hoover out saturday,no more nastys,

I’m not sure what they are, but they sound effective! :open_mouth:

If not, you can always pop into your local vets and ask for something called “Acclaim” - I think it’s about £14+ but can be sprayed on the carpet, seats, roof lining etc.

It’s a bit expensive, but kills EVERYTHING for about 4 months and doesn’t seem to cause problems if you’re sensitive e.g. asthma. There’s no point using something that will kill your lungs too!

Lankytim:
idea of clean is different to most others, thats probably the main problem. He cant see what im moaning about as he would have no worries taking the truck out!

For the sake of my own health and sanity, I’d clean the cab in my own time and supply my own cleaning materials rather than spending the night in a filthy pit.

Very awkward. I hope you can work it out. :confused:

as loadsofhorses said id go for acclaim fae the vets but first get the cab as clean as u can

a good scrub and a hovver then apply the acclaim and leave it for 24 / 36 hrs

which is what i had to do

i then waited till the next weekend and reapplied the acclaim and gave the cab a good hover out

keep all ur reciepts for ur cleaning gear and give them to ur boss who knows he may reimburse u

if not u know the cabs clean and tidy

Fleas? I use Frontline on my moggy, a few drops on the back of your neck & you’ll be ok for 3 months :laughing:

Can fleas survive for any length of time without a suitable creature to bite?

i wasn’t aware that there was a variant that preferred to munch on people :laughing:

I used to have the same sort of thing at one place though. The truck was clean but by christ, I was itchy after a night out. :laughing:

There is an easy way to lose an old truck, get a 5 gallon plastic drum, drain 4.5 gallons of engine oil out, drive it gentley until it goes bang ,and then put the oil back in. Ring the boss and give him the good news.

miketdt:
There is an easy way to lose an old truck, get a 5 gallon plastic drum, drain 4.5 gallons of engine oil out, drive it gentley until it goes bang ,and then put the oil back in. Ring the boss and give him the good news.

I like that one, will have a drum, spanners and a funnel in me bag for the next time I get the ‘agency’ unit… :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers for the advice, guys.

Ive taken time out to clean and polish all the hard surfaces like the dash and door linings and the cab is 110% better for it. I found out that the dash is grey, not black. The smell is mush less intrusive now but its still there. While poking about I found a bag with a pair of pants inside. No idea if they were used or not, maybe I should put them on e.bay…

The rest of the cab, soft furnishings, carpet e.t.c still need a decent deep clean which is beyond the scope of a can of pledge and a duster. Basically, it needs a steam clean inside!

The bug bomb sounds a good idea. Ill have to invest in one. As for pics of the truck and the interior, id rather not post any. No idea who could be lurking on the forums. If my boss read this thread he may not see the funny side and I could end up on the dole or worse, in this ERF forever…:wink:

great that uve done that mate

as for the fabrics

know any one with a vax

great thing for the bunk, seats and what carpet u can get at

but remember and dry it out before u go away

as for grease stains and the headlining all i can sugesst is wet wipes

asda were doing own brand ones really cheap think it was ÂŁ3 for 6 packets

Finally managed to speak to the boss face to face today. I explained my feelings again and he said the bottom line is there isnt enough funds to get a newer/better unit and ill just have to “make do and mend”. Hes still conviced that the state of the inside of the cab is of my own making and wont believe that it was a pig sty when I got it but the net result is that I wont be getting anything new for a while. Theres still the possibility of a major breakdown which renders this ERF fit only for the plastic recylcing skip which he is well aware of.

Time for a bug bomb and vax attack. Like I said a knackered unit is better than the sofa and Jeremy Kyle.

If you go to Morrisons on Festival park you can hire a cleaner like a vax for £20.00 for the day if you go and blitz the truck, bunk and headlining it will bring it up like new don’t know whats in the shampoo they sell you to use with it but it is very very good and it hardly requires any effort.

Who do you work for■■?(p.m. me if you don’t want to post it).

saucyboar5 wrote:

I’m not sure what they are, but they sound effective!

its like a little firework,just fills the cab with smoke,and kills everything, in every ■■■■ and crany, :laughing: :laughing: