Nightfreight

Anybody know what the works like pay etc?

What are they like to work for pay etc? Thanks

What work you doing? Class 2 is a nightmare, up to 80 drops, then collections a day.
I have heard though that the Class 1 trunking work is good, and that some of the depots can be good on Class 2 but when I did a few shifts for them, I vowed I’d never do it again!

Was thinking of the class 1 trunking job thats been advertised at Darwen Lancashire. Depends what the moneys like?

could be changes ahead :wink:

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … y-dx-group

My mate works at Dawlish depot. He has class 1 but can’t get into one. They have been bought out. It’s true.

The trunking from darwen is not too bad. Think the money is about £22000. Hope this helps.

podge:
The trunking from darwen is not too bad. Think the money is about £22000. Hope this helps.

£22,000 a week! :grimacing: not bad for a professional class one driver! :grimacing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

There is someone on here who works for them cannae mind his username and its doing my head in! His last thread he was greetin about the job thinking of chucking it etc

darkseeker? maybe?

merc0447:
There is someone on here who works for them cannae mind his username and its doing my head in! His last thread he was greetin about the job thinking of chucking it etc

darkseeker? maybe?

Thats him.

Fatboy slimslow:

podge:

£22,000 a week! :grimacing: not bad for a professional class one driver! :grimacing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

If it’s 06:00 monday-friday for a 8 hour job then fair enough.

THursday through Sunday 10-11 hour nights on the other hand, we’re looking at a different story!

Did Class 1 bulk for their Glasgow depot when i was agency a few years ago. Nightfreight seem to carry all the stuff that the other parcel carriers wont touch with a barge pole. Alot of the freight is odd shapes and sizes and can be heavy too. A usual day on artics would be around 20 or so drops with a few pick ups too. Used to get alot of house deliveries with artics too. While the fleet was roadworthy and legal, there wasn’t a panel hanging the right way on most of their trucks. They all had their fair share of bumps and scrapes and were un-cared for. I was offered a the job full time with them but i politely declined. I was better off with the agency at the time. But judging by what people have said on previous posts about their pay, it looks like they are a bit better off now.

I was behind my mate the other day near Barnstaple. We pulled over to compare loads. He Nightfreight, me DPD. His looked like a bomb had gone off…Exhaust pipes/pallets/boxes/furniture/hardware. Mine was like yer’ Grannies parlour in comparison!!! :open_mouth:

Fatboy slimslow:

podge:

No silly! He obviously means £22,000 per hour. :wink:

damoq:
While the fleet was roadworthy and legal, there wasn’t a panel hanging the right way on most of their trucks. They all had their fair share of bumps and scrapes and were un-cared for.

No changes there then. I used to work on sh@te freight motors donkeys years ago, they were always beat to death heaps back then too! :laughing:

tarmactipper:
Anybody know what the works like pay etc?

fair few years ago when i did trunking,grantham-glous[change tri]-grantham,grantham-heywood[change tri]-grantham,grantham-basildon[change tri]-grantham,as you can see all short runs,did for a while grantham-glous-grantham-heywood-night out[very nice as was getting 10hrs for glous run/10 hrs for heywood run ],but like all good thing it eventually came too a end,said if they were paying 2 wages they wanted 2 drivers,i lost alot of money,through dummy out pram,displinary,left before maybe sack,summing uo,very easy work,short runs,6 ish hrs,money not great but taking into account you only did six hours on all except last run ,8 ish on that.hourly rate was good
you did 17.30-23/12 -6 ish hrs per night
finish 23.00 fri night-start back 17.30 mon,so youd get good nights sleep fri,sat off,sunday off+most of monday,in the week good night sleep,up 8 1sh,not too work till 17.30 again nearly all day off,i used to get all my jobs done in daytime in week,then sat,sun,mun i could do what i wanted,pub,bike,car.

It used to be 1900 start and you would trunk a trailer down to knutsford services do a swap then back to darwen. Then you would take another trailer all the way down to central hub at willenhall , and then wait for the last trailer and back to darwen. Finish at about 0500. That was just one of the shifts but think they run about 5-6 trucks on nights.