Nightfreight .

Nightfreight Middleton Manchester.
Anyone know much about Class 2 work with this company?

I know class 1 is mostly trunking.

But do they have any major contracts for class 2 ?

Cheers in advance :slight_smile:

nightfreight, zb nightmare if you ask me, there again id didnt work at the depot your asking about so ill keep quite.

I only did the class 1 double trunk from Rotherham to Brum. I was green and had to ask someone to back it onto the super tight bays at the hub. (They are probably not super tight at all ) :blush: :blush: :blush:

I know they have got contracts with B&Q, BT Rolatruc, Ikea and Oxfam to name a few, i’ll have to ask if theres any specific class 2 contracts from the depot you mentioned.

advertising in sheffield star paper today from rotherham,

I went to do a Subby 1 drop for then a couple of year back for another company,
I was to go and load up with 8 or 9 heavy boxes (like 2 man heavy) and take em to an office in Mcr centre where I would get help unloading,
Gets to the drop and its up 3 flights of stairs
“We cant help you, were all women here” so I got the note signed as refused and went back to the depot,
Eruptions and arguments between me and the office staff because the job was ‘urgent’
I would never work for them after what happened there and they’re attitude towards me because I couldn’t carry 40kilo a time up 3 flights of stairs on my own.

I have no knowledge of the branch you’re referring to but I did one night at Nightfreight in Kidderminster about 3 months ago and refused to go there again, first I had to take an artic out and I complained about the state of the unit, rusty and dirty is an understatement, after that I had to change to a rigid which was even worse than the unit :unamused:, dust so bad you could hardly see the dials and some-ones takeaway rapping not to mention the rest of the rubbish in the cab :unamused:, I refused to drive it until it was cleaned out, anyway the night manager cleaned it out a bit but you know when you see a vehicle like that it’s not likely to be maintained, sure enough about 4 miles down the road and it broke down so a tow truck was called out but I managed to get back to base with him following me, I completed the night in the artic but told the agency never to send me there again.

They must have a short memory at that agency because they asked me to go there again about a month later, my reply was unprintable :imp:

The branch you’re referring to could be a lot better than the one I was sent to, well it couldn’t be much worse anyway :wink:

Thanks for all your responses,gonna stick with agency for now.

I,ve got 3 or 4 applications in for other jobs than multi-drop

so shall wait for responses before i force my self down full time multi drop route again. (with crazy addresses) lol.

Cheers all