Night trunk

Night trunking to pallet track, anybody do this regularly? How does it work? Long waiting times between unloading and loading? This would be my first class 1 job!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Is it a double deck curtainsider?

Prob drive to Birmingham , wait 3 hours while they unload and reload and drive back

Easy work

First class 1 job…

Well done! I’m sure you must be feeling well chuffed with yourself and rightly so.

I don’t know the Pallet Track you’re on and I hope someone who’s done it will offer advice on here soon.

My top tip for any job? Take your time. Don’t get pushed around by forkies, gobshytes in hi-viz vests with power complexes and anyone who wants it delivered yesterday.

Happy miles.

Yes double deck curtainsider to either Birmingham or Wigan I believe.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

On a night trunk you won’t just have forkies trying to rush you, the people you thought could trust will be rushing you. Other HGV drivers will be up your back side on the road, trying to push you into breaking speed limits, trying to push you into taking roundabouts faster because they think they are driving on the Nurburgring trying to shave split seconds off lap times, not doing a double decker night trunk to Birmingham. DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU. if they want to go faster that is their problem not yours.

Don’t let them put heavy pallets on the top deck. If in doubt ask other drivers. Straight onto DD is going in at the deep end if you haven’t driven a heavy load at all so be careful. If it’s late back to the yard because you took it carefully and sensibly then tough. Far better late than it’s on its side and you’re in hospital.

Steele:
Yes double deck curtainsider to either Birmingham or Wigan I believe.

Where from? Maybe we can guess the company … TMC? DX? lol

cav551:
Don’t let them put heavy pallets on the top deck. If in doubt ask other drivers. Straight onto DD is going in at the deep end if you haven’t driven a heavy load at all so be careful. If it’s late back to the yard because you took it carefully and sensibly then tough. Far better late than it’s on its side and you’re in hospital.

Top tip : don’t roll it :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll prob have to pull back curtains and unstrap everything.

As they’re reloading , put straps on.

They should know How to load trailers, ie not putting heavy stuff in top.

You’ll be fine. Just take it nice n slow round corners.

Not done Pallet Track but it would likely be either as you describe, drive in to unload then go park and wait to reload.

Or drive there to unload / reload, then drive bsck to base. Reload and drive back to unload etc. Some travel to these places several times a night.

As mentioned, make sure you strap up anything over 400KG (all pallets should have a weight on them) and stuff the people trying to rush you either end. VOSA do rather like curtainsiders from pallet companies.

If you get a decent company then they’ll be encouraging you to do things properly.

Oh have fun with the road closures which pop up every night often without any warning.

Pallet track Birmingham is a horrible little place with limited space to either park up (unless you get there really early) or secure your load and do the curtains up.As other people have said it’s rush rush wacky races both getting and leaving there at junctions and roundabouts some people like it but there’s other networks with a lot better set ups and space to do your job properly and safely.