Night time motorway closure warnings

It seems that more and more motorways are getting closed of a night I’d like to propose this thread for drivers to warn others of upcoming closures. Maybe some diversion advice.
My first warning is M6 j18 north closed at 2200 fri 19th and sat 20th sept.

www.trafficengland.com and click on the “Disruptions Search”. Or you can click on the “Future Events” and select “Future Road/Slip Closures” - looks like a blue no entry sign - which will show all of the ones coming into force in the next couple of days.

M4 E/B was supposed to be shut a couple of nights this week between j14/15…it wasn’t, even though the matrix were warning of the closure. Signs are also up warning of weekend closures on Severn Bridge at Chepstow…we shall see :unamused:

That’s a difficult site to navigate around Connor, this one I think is a bit more straightforward m.highways.gov.uk/default.aspx .i find the traffic flow section very useful when deciding whether to go up the m1 or m6…

Conor:
http://www.trafficengland.com and click on the “Disruptions Search”. Or you can click on the “Future Events” and select “Future Road/Slip Closures” - looks like a blue no entry sign - which will show all of the ones coming into force in the next couple of days.

not all the time :unamused: theres been a sign out at jn 23 south saying this road will be closed 1st Oct … rang Hways they knew nothing about it … last night its been changed to the 8th Oct and guess what … yep its not on The Traffic England web site :open_mouth:

Jus check the Highways Agency site then plan you route accordingly.

andy12:
Jus check the Highways Agency site then plan you route accordingly.

nope they don’t have anything for M5 jn 23 for the next few months yet the signs are up ■■?

M5 north closed at J5. At least for tonight and tomorrow.