Night Shift

If i start at 3.30 am is that classed as a nightshift which will only let me do ten hours also is there any opt out from this as my boss has just said the company is not signed into it regards
Dan

i think it is classed as nights but if they have a collective work time agreement the 10 hour rule can be forgotten also you can still do a 15 even in the limits as long as you only do 10 hours actual work well thats how i understand it imm sure coffee will put me right if i am wrong

Have a read of page 43 of this:-

www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/freight/road … sgoods.pdf

bjd:
i think it is classed as nights but if they have a collective work time agreement the 10 hour rule can be forgotten also you can still do a 15 even in the limits as long as you only do 10 hours actual work well thats how i understand it imm sure coffee will put me right if i am wrong

That’s right anything between midnight and 04.00 is classified as nights and its a max of 10 hrs of work not duty, so if you want a long shift put it on break or poa when times permit.

A night-shift for me is after 1800 to before 0900 X3 a week! :wink:
I’m sure even where a workplace agreement is in place. You can opt out if you give an employer 3 months notice to do 10 hour shifts! But I wouldn’t give them the notice unless you’ve been there at least 12 months though! :laughing:

dessy:
A night-shift for me is after 1800 to before 0900 X3 a week! :wink:
I’m sure even where a workplace agreement is in place. You can opt out if you give an employer 3 months notice to do 10 hour shifts! But I wouldn’t give them the notice unless you’ve been there at least 12 months though! :laughing:

The agreement applies to all the people in the group that it was set-up for, as far as I know you cannot opt out of a workforce agreement for the night time work limit unless of course you can come to some private agreement with the employer.

If you start between 00.00 and 0400 you are on nights