Night shift working time regulation

if drivers work night shift working time must be no more for 10hours(excluding POA and break).was working from 5 pm till 5 am .have 91 minut break and 20 minut POA.TOTAL MY WORKING TIME 10 HOURS 9 MIN.if stop VOSA -will be penalty or not■■?

you can optout of the night time working, so if the company has a collective workforce agreement in place not a problem, and as for vosa its a working time thing that they just don’t seem to be intrested in, as i understand it at present they are only giving advise and not fining any one, and as for 9 minutes i don’t thing they would even look at that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Andrejs:
will be penalty or not■■?

Andrejs, as you’re not English, you have NO need to worry about PENALTIES :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

don’t worry about it.
if there is a fine, it’s the company that gets it, not you.
but i don’t think there has ever been a WTD fine yet.

wildfire:
you can optout of the night time working, so if the company has a collective workforce agreement in place not a problem,

yet again this is an example of the outdated set of rules, the current regs state that in case the shift starts before 6am or ends after 12pm you can’t work (driving plus other work) for more than 10 hrs, the length of the shift is still the maximum 13 or 15hrs as usual.

milodon:

wildfire:
you can optout of the night time working, so if the company has a collective workforce agreement in place not a problem,

yet again this is an example of the outdated set of rules, the current regs state that in case the shift starts before 6am or ends after 12pm you can’t work (driving plus other work) for more than 10 hrs, the length of the shift is still the maximum 13 or 15hrs as usual.

If the shift starts between 00.00 and 04.00 I think you meant

Wheel Nut:

nope, them was the old regs. one minute before 6am, or after 00.00 will do.

milodon:

Wheel Nut:

OK, I’ll admit to being confused, which new Regulation?

The stuff that changed in May this year brought ODs into scope of the RT(WT)R but didn’t change the definition of ‘night time working.’ So which Statutory Instrument or Act of Parliament did?

Phil; both the driver and employer can be fined for breaches of the Regulation. However, as you rightly say, no-body has - yet

geebee45:

milodon:

Wheel Nut:

OK, I’ll admit to being confused, which new Regulation?

The stuff that changed in May this year brought ODs into scope of the RT(WT)R but didn’t change the definition of ‘night time working.’ So which Statutory Instrument or Act of Parliament did?

Phil; both the driver and employer can be fined for breaches of the Regulation. However, as you rightly say, no-body has - yet

I’m unaware that the regs have changed, and it used to be if your shift included anytime between midnight and 4am if I remember correctly, but a) you could have a collective opt out, and b) it’s only WORKING TIME, so the duty time can still be 13hrs or 15hrs, which is just bloody daft.

this is the wording from the current vosa book

Night work: if night work is performed, working time must not exceed 10 hours in any 24-hour
period. Night time is the period between 00.00 and 04.00 for goods vehicles and between 01.00
and 05.00 for passenger vehicles. The 10-hour limit may be exceeded if this is permitted under a
collective or workforce agreement.

people are quick enough to post some utter bull on here at times only takes 20 seconds to get the correct facts from the vosa web site :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

wildfire:
people are quick enough to post some utter bull on here at times only takes 20 seconds to get the correct facts from the vosa web site :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

pardon, didn’t know that the domestic driving rules were different from the EC rules.

Andrejs:
if drivers work night shift working time must be no more for 10hours(excluding POA and break).was working from 5 pm till 5 am .have 91 minut break and 20 minut POA.TOTAL MY WORKING TIME 10 HOURS 9 MIN.if stop VOSA -will be penalty or not■■?

It’s the most unenforced rule going according to a vosa bod I spoke to last year so don’t worry.

I’m working up to 15 hours on night shifts very regularly, the company are not in the least intersted in the so called WTD as they know there has been no one fined as yet for breaking it.

This nightshift hours malarkey is my companies latest bugbear, last month it was vehicle checks. I have told them time and again you can opt out of the 10 hr rule, they say you cannot, I think they are getting confused with not being allowed to opt out of the WTD all together. I printed off the info from the vosa website and showed them, still not convinced as, “one of my mates says its changed”! We all got warnings about working over 10 hrs that stay in your file for 13 weeks, mine went in file 13, that’s the large green one in the yard btw.

wildfire:

just found my book for the last time I did the equivalent of dcpc in estonia, in january this year. according to it night work is work that is performed between 00.00 and 6.00, one minute in that window will do.

oo- 04 am.not till 06 am

wildfire:

this is simple though! :grimacing: YOU SHOULDN’T NEED TO GO ON A VOSA WEBSITE! :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

wildfire:

this is simple though! :grimacing: YOU SHOULDN’T NEED TO GO ON A VOSA WEBSITE! :grimacing:

But that is the whole reason there is so much ■■■■■■■■ posted here, people don’t check the source. They read a highway code when they are 16 and then asks what “this or that” sign means when they reach 35.

They listen to some crap in an RDC and then post it as true, they believe their own crap and argue they are correct, even a barrister will read a law book before making a comment.

Wheel Nut:

Fatboy slimslow:

wildfire:

But that is the whole reason there is so much ■■■■■■■■ posted here, people don’t check the source. They read a highway code when they are 16 and then asks what “this or that” sign means when they reach 35.

They listen to some crap in an RDC and then post it as true, they believe their own crap and argue they are correct, even a barrister will read a law book before making a comment.

Correct wheelnut, it’s how you INTERPRET the law! :grimacing:

Andrejs:
oo- 04 am.not till 06 am

outside the uk domestic rules 00.00 - 06.00