Night Owl Truckstops Closed?

oddsodz:
It would seem strange that no one from nightowl has responded to this thread perhaps there is some truth in the forclosure of nightowl…Its only few years back that all the main motorway bp fuel stations closed in belgium ?..

I was expecting a reply to this thread from Nightowl earlier tonight as Helen Rayner showed up in the list of users browsing the site, bottom of the main page. Strange she never posted to this thread. :confused:

Coffeeholic:
I was expecting a reply to this thread from Nightowl earlier tonight as Helen Rayner showed up in the list of users browsing the site, bottom of the main page. Strange she never posted to this thread. :confused:

I expect they`ve pointed her in the direction of her nearest Dole Office now, Neil…

Vince

Could be Vince. I think her not posting says more than if she had. If it was rumours surely she would have jumped in to nip them in the bud■■?

In general, when a business is going [zb]-up, it looks like it is going [zb]-up.

For a TruckStop to have no diesel for sale for six weeks, before deciding to close the restaurant and then the truck parking area…

Well, that`s not good.

Obviously, I have to be careful in what I say, in case they have any money left to sue me after they have gone bust.

[zb].

Vince

Tin’at on and ready…sorry, Vince…but there was always the possibility that someone might sue us for Rikki’s beer fund…L. :wink:

Vince:
In general, when a business is going [zb]-up, it looks like it is going [zb]-up.

For a TruckStop to have no diesel for sale for six weeks, before deciding to close the restaurant and then the truck parking area…

Well, that`s not good.

Obviously, I have to be careful in what I say, in case they have any money left to sue me after they have gone bust.

[zb].

Just snipping the quote. See above.L.:wink:

Vince

[zb].

never has a better phrase been uttered (alegadley)spell)

That was nearly your beer fund in jeopardy as well!!L. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

First post, great site.

I used to use the old BP truckstops many years ago, especially the Carlisle one.

However, as seems to be the general consensus on here they are appaling now, with crap food and crap facilities.

While I won’t miss them as such, the loss of so much precious parking is rather worrying!

John

“john_boy957”]First post,

Welcome to TruckNet Matey.

great site.

Only because of the messages posted by our members- like you.

Vince

john_boy957:
First post, great site.

I used to use the old BP truckstops many years ago, especially the Carlisle one.

However, as seems to be the general consensus on here they are appaling now, with [zb] food and [zb] facilities.

While I won’t miss them as such, the loss of so much precious parking is rather worrying!

John

Hello John, thats really how I feel about them. I loved rugby and Alconbury when I used them a lot between 89 / 93 ish. And to be honest, Id sooner use a Nightowl than any layby or ind est right now! I think they have gone downhill over the years. But to lose them altogether would be bad, we need more parking not less.

Mal.

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8228#8228

Vasco beat me to finding this page, and it took me hours to find it independantly.

Basicly Nightowl IS under administration.

How much do they want for it then?

Anybody interested in forming a consortium & buying it?
Then run it like a Truck Stop SHOULD be run with reasonable cost parking, clean showers, good freshly cooked food & friendly staff.
With the object of being proud to provide a good service & the owners being happy to have their investment provide a comfortable standard of living rather than looking to get rich quick.

Where can we find the info? Such as how many sites are there in total? (4 or 5 ish?) Total acreage? All freehold? Fuel thru’ put by site. etc.?

Jonathan

john_boy957:
First post, great site.

Hello! :grimacing:

i called in at crick on my way back from luton today.

facilitys avalible at the moment arenone

the deisel forcourt has been taped off ,parking is avalible at the moment for£4 per night and if you need to use the toilet you have to ask the person running the little hut on the entrance.

when i was there at 09.30 this morning there was no one in the little hut .advise taking your own toilet roll just in case though(it was bad enough when it was open).

also it says it will reopen on the 5th of january(we shall see.

jon

You should have called in here Jon, free coffee and you would have been welcome to use the toilet. :smiley:

Even if they havent closed yet it seems they are in thier death throws. Which means there will no investment and conditions will get worse. I can’t see anybody take all the sites on and make a decent chain of Truckstops out of them. To much cost for to little return, so it looks like we will lose loads of spaces to park-up putting more pressure on layby and industrial areas and resigned to no showers and peeing in the verge.
I think its ridiculous that Magna Park can be allowed to exist without making a space for trucks to park up overnight, the same goes for other large industrial areas. They need trucks to supply them, but provide no facilities for the drivers. This has got to be agianst some Euro law.

It’s a nice idea , a truckstop run by truckers, for truckers , but we don’t all earn the same, and i’ll bet, we ain’t got the savings we’d like to have either!!.
Perhaps the big operators could co-invest in such a venture , then perhaps they’ll know their trucks are safely parked at night and since they own the site we wouldn’t have to pay to park would we? ( just charge johnny foreigner). Just think, a consortium of employers investing in the safety and well being of truck and driver , now i am dreaming aren’t i??
Or perhaps Mr Eddie S. might take up the challenge, or Stelious might start up Easypark ( ha ha ha )
Happy new year everyone[/b]

what roy said about stelios is not a bad thought or how about richard branson

The laws says we must park , but law does not provide places to park
So , i suggest , all future industrial development must include adequate truck parking with clean well maintained basic facilities. Something has to be done sooner rather than later or fewer drivers will want to overnight anywhere

If stellios does start it up, will i get a comission for supplying the idea ■■?

roytheboy:
So , i suggest , all future industrial development must include adequate truck parking with clean well maintained basic facilities. Something has to be done sooner rather than later or fewer drivers will want to overnight anywhere

Thats right, and it should be down to the govt to provide them. They make the laws after all, and they have all the shout.

Mal.