Night out

Just looking for possible safe ( if it’s possible ) parking , tipping ■■■■■■■■■■■ .
I have seen there are couple of ind estates just off junction 6 on M80 anybody know if
You get many parking up there .
Usually park up at Hamilton services but Need all my driving hours for the next day so looking to park very close to delivery point .

Farmfoods? If so you can park on the estate. Diddly squat there however, but safe enough

if its gist theres a huge lay bye outside , theres also a small industrial estate next to it , ’ gist 22 lenziemill rd G67 2XN , ’ , again no facilities but security might let you in to use site facilities , i dont know as ive never delivered there but i live in ■■■■■■■■■■■ . j6 yes wardpark industrial estate is at j6 , where are you tipping ? .

gingo:
if its gist theres a huge lay bye outside , theres also a small industrial estate next to it , ’ gist 22 lenziemill rd G67 2XN , ’ , again no facilities but security might let you in to use site facilities , i dont know as ive never delivered there but i live in ■■■■■■■■■■■ . j6 yes wardpark industrial estate is at j6 , where are you tipping ? .

Place called TPS Healthcare Napier road,

yes napier rd is j6 off the m80 , go strait over the first roundabout at the second r/bout turn left, follow the rd and tps will come up on your left after ■■■■■■■■■■■ airport , its only a small airport so blink and you will miss it lol , there are lots of parking places on wardpark , in fact i think you can park on the road outside their premises , the only facilities would be a shell filling station on the right as you go through the 1st r/bout its open 24 hours .

There’s a industrial estate just up from ag Barr I always parked on , never had any issues

Being nosey here…

What’s so important that you’re prepared to camp out like a refugee?

yourhavingalarf:
Being nosey here…

What ? In a 5* luxury hotel, fre phone and car, on £29,000 a year?

Edit to add :smiley:

Fun fact…

The star rating system for hotels was started by the AA. Hotel’s had to have certain facilities to attain a certain number of stars. Part of the criteria for five stars is silver service in the restaurant. If you see a five star hotel in Torremolinos or Sharm El-Sheikh, they’ve just added them themselves and will quite possibly be little better than a Travel Tavern.

yourhavingalarf:
Being nosey here…

It seems to be the trend with many, put as much hardship into the job for the ultimate endurance test experience. :smiley:
After saying that I’ve been guilty myself of parking outside somewhere for a quick Sat morning tip/load…but only for ME.especially if the Toon is playing on the same afternoon to catch my seat behind the big screen.

Got beaten to the 5 star Hotel joke…by Franglais ironically, :open_mouth: (especially after reading his contradictory views on all that stuff )

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
Being nosey here…

It seems to be the trend with many, put as much hardship into the job for the ultimate endurance test experience. :smiley:
After saying that I’ve been guilty myself of parking outside somewhere for a quick Sat morning tip/load…but only for ME.especially if the Toon is playing on the same afternoon to catch my seat behind the big screen.

Got beaten to the 5 star Hotel joke…by Franglais ironically, :open_mouth: (especially after reading his contradictory views on all that stuff )

Home from home , I’ve got fridge and freezer , 600w oven and a microwave , gas stove , could cook me self a 3 course dinner just from the cans in my cupboard let alone the food in my fridge and freezer
Also got a few cans of apple juice as well in fridge

blue estate:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
Being nosey here…

Home from home , I’ve got fridge and freezer , 600w oven and a microwave , gas stove , could cook me self a 3 course dinner just from the cans in my cupboard let alone the food in my fridge and freezer
Also got a few cans of apple juice as well in fridge

Yep,.got all that stuff myself mate,…but it doesn’t stop me getting away from the cab at least one night (of my now only 3 a week) , to have a meal out somewhere decent.

yourhavingalarf:
Fun fact…

The star rating system for hotels was started by the AA. Hotel’s had to have certain facilities to attain a certain number of stars. Part of the criteria for five stars is silver service in the restaurant. If you see a five star hotel in Torremolinos or Sharm El-Sheikh, they’ve just added them themselves and will quite possibly be little better than a Travel Tavern.

The Army sleep under the stars, the Navy navigate by the stars and the Air Force pick their motels by the stars*.

• Based on Australian experience may differ dependent on country of origin.

For info purposes a fairly decent hit which I always headed to was in Robroyston just off J2 of M80, easy reach of most of the central belt. Road is called Robroyston Way and closest postcode is G33 1JN.

It’s damead quiet down there, there’s a food pub for grub (that’s what the postcode is for!) and across the way there’s a retail park with asda, mcdonalds, Costa etc etc so good for any supplies too. There’s an office park the next road across that is swimming with 24hr security and CCTV which seems to keep anyone away.

Franglais:

yourhavingalarf:
Being nosey here…

What ? In a 5* luxury hotel, fre phone and car, on £29,000 a year?

Edit to add :smiley:

Not camping out like a refugee as you put it , nice cosy cab ( Scania ) with everything I need thank you.
Just wanted to be very close to my delivery point to maximise my driving hours to get home tomorrow night , Friday , ■■■■■ weather etc etc and an approx 8 hour drive if all goes well hence getting close to my delivery point the night before .