Night out truck

if you where offered some regular work which involved nights out for a driver maybe 4 per week but a truck which you have been offered was low and narrow cab but would get the job started what would you do

lee mat:
if you where offered some regular work which involved nights out for a driver maybe 4 per week but a truck which you have been offered was low and narrow cab but would get the job started what would you do

When you say low and narrow, is there a bunk?

yes a bunk erf ect standard narrow cab

And jobs a job you an employee you dont get choice of truck grow some nuts and get on with it of the monies right

alix776:
And jobs a job you an employee you dont get choice of truck grow some nuts and get on with it of the monies right

Alix, i think you will find that Lee is the ‘employer’ not the employee :wink:

and to answer the original question, i have done multiple nights out in an ERF EC11 and also 4 sometimes 5 nights out per week in a DAF CF flat roof cab, did that job for 2 years

yes, it’s cramped, but, it is do-able

I think Lee is posting as the owner of the truck in question rather than an employee, I suppose it does depend on other factors such as pay and terms though.

So long as its got a decent bed and the pay is OK, it’ll do…could always sling a new bed in.

I know skilled and excellent transporter drivers who still, as its part of the job, live out most of the week in cut down further low cabs, they do it cos the money is there and no other reason, was a time and not that long ago when we were in day cabs sleeping on planks, or a cushette, there’s posh for you… :wink: , then later we were grateful to get a poxy Iveco with a coffin pod glued to the back of the cab.

I’d rather get good pay than a big bling lorry, if the pay is poor and the lorry a tip, then retaining a good bloke will be a struggle IMO.

ive done nights out in all sorts from the modern day worst to the best .but now am not so sure drivers would been so keen. as reguards terms i would be doing my best considering the job ,the truck would hopefully be saving me thousands and i mean thousands i plain and simply aint got to spend without dropping myself into a situation that kind of worries me in this climate.it would hopefully if it goes according to plan be a short ish term thing .just trying to be a good boss as supose

I used to spend 3-4 nights out in a merc atego 7.5t sleeper, just remember to take essentials. No matter how big a cab is it will always fill up and you will want that bit more space.

from reading the post you have just put, and the other thread about the work horse truck, i would go for the DAF CF Skycab over the Renault Premium

the CF has got loads more storage and a far better bunk :wink:

i used to do 4-5 nights out in one of these when i started driving (7.5tonner) i allways wanted a sleeper cab but never complained. 12-18 months later, i got a Cargo with a bed in it and it was heaven. But to get a foot in the door, i took the crap motor, and it paid off, they ended up putting me thru my class1.

79-143.jpg

79-141.jpg

Same as kindle i did loads of nights out in day cabs and know lots of guys now that do it
a mate of mine wants to buy a 7.5 tonne sleeper and was looking at the daf lf but they have a fold down bed behind the seats presume u have to put the seats flat and the bed rest s on them .
does anyone know does daf do a full 7.5 ton sleeper high roof cab .
Mercedes atego have them i think but he doesnt know are they ok or any probs with them he doesnt want to buy a iveco or man but would consider a scania with 20ft box and down rate it if possible
any ideas on this

Scania 4 wheelers are normally 18 tons gross with an unladen weight of around 8 tonnes so i dont think you would down plate and if you got down to 7.5 no payload .Hatcher do a converson on DAF LFto high roof sleepers