Night out money (day in my case)

is there a minimum night out allowance or is it down to the company

Down to the company- those in the RHA/FTA have an agreed tax free /no receipt rate with HMRC. last time I worked under that arrangement was about £26 per night, but it might have gone up. The company I work for now isnt RHA/FTA member we get £50 per night, £7 is a working away meal allowance and tax free the other £43 we get taxed on ( all our parking is paid )

ok thanks… seems like i have been paid 14 pounds…bit hard to tell at the moment as its all bundled together under expenses. there is no mention of night out allowance on the pay scale and as its an agency that isn’t a haulage one im guessing they haven’t a clue hence the question.

Most places pay £25 a night all tax free. Over that think has to be taxed.
I haven’t had nights out for 3 years now and personally £25 a nights doesn’t go far. Should be more.
As don’t forget have buy your tea/evening meal.
That’s a tenner give or take depending on what you have.
Then breakfast next day another £7 or so. Then your dinner and stuff during the day. Can easily spend your £25

Oh for the days when NO money of 16 to 20 quid was the norm (or am I dreaming, early '60s?), and you could get dinner, bed and breakfast for a tenner. :joy:

Perhaps 12 quid? :thinking:

I seem to remember £20 in 1976? I think I do need to check that, because putting that through the BoE inflation calculator that is about…deep breath…
One hundred and twenty eight quid today!

£20 in 1965 would be…even bigger breath…
Three hundred and twenty two quid.
The average wage in '65 was about £25 to £30 for manual workers.

I think you haven’t been paid for a night out because £14 is terrible. It was pretty standard at £25/26.

I thought the same, but I know I paid a tenner and I know I made a profit, so i did revise down to £12. Still seems a lot though.

£25 for us, paid parking everywhere except welcome break services plus a £15 meal allowance. Night outs are avoided though at all costs.