Night out gear what do you have

Hi guys and girls
What do you have for your truck if you are out for the week

Also what breaks do you have for night outs not doing them yet and I am sure I will find out if I do them but wanted the heads up

Earplugs and wet wipes. Some drivers race around making a racket at silly o clock getting out of truck stops, don’t expect to get an unbroken nights sleep without the earplugs.

I don’t bring much else apart from the blindingly obvious such as clothes/toothbrush etc.

Always bring an extra set of clothes just in case you have another night out sprung on you.

Weeks worth of clean clothes and a fresh towel,some food for the microwave and my lappy,everything else stays in the cab. some times im out 4 nights and sometimes just the 1 but i always have enough stuff to last a week.

As mentioned foam ear plugs for noisy lay bys and a wahing up bowl to shave in and baby wipes an some drinking waer from aldi or lidl and a camping gas cooker and cans from lidl or aldi with a sponge and fairy liquid to wash up i carry battery jump cables and a ratchet strap to tie the cab doors at night for cab robbers.basic first aid and medicine box and a basic tool kit for basic repairs.

toby1234abc:
ratchet strap to tie the cab doors at night for cab robbers.

How does this work, door handle to door handle? Wouldn’t they just lob a brick through the window if the door didn’t work?

Aye, door handle to door handle, if you feel that concerned about cab robbers. Don’t forget its there if you wake up in the middle of the night, bursting for a pee. And like you say, they can always lob a rock through your window anyway.
I’ve never done this yet, in 30 odd years. I’ve done nights out the length and breadth of the country. Lands End to John O’Groats, Ireland and most of Western Europe. If it feels THAT dodgy, park somewhere else.

I take emergency rations, enough to do 2 nights. Otherwise I eat in a truckstop. Brewing up gear, small gas cooker a kettle and a pot. Noshing rods, a cup etc. Sometimes I eat in a truckstop then move on. Sometimes a stop there for the night.
Washing gear. Clothes. Small first aid kit, elastoplasts, anti-squits, pain killers, that sort of thing.
Sleeping bag or. I use a double bed quilt in a king size cover. The extra bit tucks in under my mattress. Cover comes off easy for washing :slight_smile:

Simon:
Aye, door handle to door handle, if you feel that concerned about cab robbers. Don’t forget its there if you wake up in the middle of the night, bursting for a pee. And like you say, they can always lob a rock through your window anyway.
I’ve never done this yet, in 30 odd years. I’ve done nights out the length and breadth of the country. Lands End to John O’Groats, Ireland and most of Western Europe. If it feels THAT dodgy, park somewhere else.

I take emergency rations, enough to do 2 nights. Otherwise I eat in a truckstop. Brewing up gear, small gas cooker a kettle and a pot. Noshing rods, a cup etc. Sometimes I eat in a truckstop then move on. Sometimes a stop there for the night.
Washing gear. Clothes. Small first aid kit, elastoplasts, anti-squits, pain killers, that sort of thing.
Sleeping bag or. I use a double bed quilt in a king size cover. The extra bit tucks in under my mattress. Cover comes off easy for washing :slight_smile:

had to think about that,for a minute :neutral_face:

Thanks guys for your help just bought a fridge from aldi

Is it a electric one? I bought one years ago, and it was one of the best things I ever had in my car… Especially on long journeys…

Yer dual 230v and 12v

Have a walk round the forum and you would of found this.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

thanks i did do a search but it didnt come up with anything