Night out allowance and tax deductions

Looking at my payslips it would appear that I have been taxed on my night out allowance
Or as stated in the pay slip Gross for tax TD
But it looks like I have not been taxed on my NI for this as the gross amount dose not appear on my Earning for NI TD

I though the night out allowance was an expenses allowance and therefore should be tax free
Would like to hear from some of you on hear to see what your pay slips say

Thanks

Mine is tax free and paid separate from my wages into my bank account, the only paper trail I have is the bank statement and a copy of my expense sheet. :wink:

Mine is on my wage slip but comes under expenses, it’s all paid in at the same time in one transaction.

I think that all employers should use the same format for a wage/pay slip.

There are so many different ways that your pay is calculated that I’m convinced they make pay slips as undecipherable as possible!

A standard format would remove any doubt as to what the money is for;)

Depends on the amount your paid for a night out

If you have a sleeper cab you can be paid up to £26.18 subsistence allowance tax-free without providing receipts. (75% of £34.90)

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim66130.htm

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM66110.htm

You can also be paid a £2 per day midday meal allowance tax free regardless of whether you have the night out.

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim66140.htm

These amounts may be increased by negotiation with the local tax office.

Drift:
Mine is tax free and paid separate from my wages into my bank account, the only paper trail I have is the bank statement and a copy of my expense sheet. :wink:

Are you self employed\ ltd company?

Harry Monk:
If you have a sleeper cab you can be paid up to £26.18 subsistence allowance tax-free without providing receipts. (75% of £34.90)

If self employed can you still claim this?

Harry Monk:
You can also be paid a £2 per day midday meal allowance tax free regardless of whether you have the night out.

Best conection and driver hire are doing a £5 a day meal allowance
So what other tricks do you know?