Night men

Is it the law that the night man has to smoke in your cab, spill his flask, drop crumbs and generally mess ur motor up■■?
Just askin!

You forgot…

Alters YOUR seat and steering wheel.
■■■■■ in it.
Doesn’t fill it up.
Empties the screenwash bottle.

Hang on…

If it’s not yours to own, stop whinging.

What about…

Is it the law that a day man messes the night mans motor up?

Just asking.

Ken.

not to mention the preset radio channels :grimacing:

I have been in your position before and understand where your coming from, not really alot you can do about it though, if you want a truck that is your “own” you either need to tramp or work for a firm that doesnt run around the clock.

I don’t smoke, I don’t drink tea/coffee, the only food I take to work is fruit so no crumbs there, but what I do have is plenty of cleaning stuff so I’m not sat all shift in a mobile skip, when I get out the cab it’s nice and clean and smells great but very rare I get it back like that !! Tut tut day men !! :smiley:

I have to admit that In 22 year’s of driving (1985-2007) I’d never had a nightman In the truck I was given. Not even at Stobart’s (early '90’s).

I must be one lucky b*****d…

Saying that, I’ve heard many horror stories over both day & nightmen.

To the OP! Your paid to drive the Lorry,you don’t own the ■■■■■■■ thing! Get a life you sad ■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Just leave a bottle of ■■■■ or a bit of ■■■ in a jar on the dash. He might get the hint and realise he is in a shared truck :slight_smile:

dessy:
To the OP! Your paid to drive the Lorry,you don’t own the [zb] thing! Get a life you sad [zb]! :laughing:

True enough, but you shouldn’t have to drive in another persons filth, it only takes a few minutes to leave it decent for the next guy.

S’pose that would be the night soil men then?

mike68:

dessy:
To the OP! Your paid to drive the Lorry,you don’t own the [zb] thing! Get a life you sad [zb]! :laughing:

True enough, but you shouldn’t have to drive in another persons filth, it only takes a few minutes to leave it decent for the next guy.

I share a lorry with a day man! And he don’t even fill it up with diesel! Infact he don’t even defect it and last week took it up the road even after I defected it with 2 bald tyres on the trailer! Clean it! :laughing:
I clean it when it gets crappy! But my oppo does diddly in the cab! :unamused:
But then neither he or I claim ownership of it. :slight_smile:

Saaamon:
I have been in your position before and understand where your coming from, not really alot you can do about it though, if you want a truck that is your “own” you either need to tramp or work for a firm that doesnt run around the clock.

no you have to buy one for that privilege :laughing:

Thereal-john:
Is it the law that the night man has to smoke in your cab, spill his flask, drop crumbs and generally mess ur motor up■■?
Just askin!

really, tut, tut, tut :unamused:
its a two way thing. doesn’t matter if its a day driver or a night driver, a dirty don’t care driver is just that.
surprise, surprise i do nights, much prefer it to days. when i do the tour thing it doesn’t matter as you have your own, but i’m just a nightman on containers at the mo. i smoke, quite abit, but never in a non smokers truck, i always stop and get out for a ■■■ break.
i carry my own glass cleaner, abit of polish etc, and for the lads that look after their trucks at our place they know when i have it, its always going to come back mint. i take my sarnies etc, flask, and have never made a mess, any crumbs that drop, are swept out at the end of my shift, the dash is wiped over, and the fuel tank full.
as for radio stations, seat position, mirrors etc. i set the truck up at the start of the shift, so its safe and comfortable for me to drive, and don’t even attempt to put it back to the day drivers settings t the end of my shift. there are 20 ish day men at our depot, and i’m not memorising each ones personal preference for seat preference and the like.

commonrail:
not to mention the preset radio channels :grimacing:

I’m more worried about how the driver’s speaker in the door keeps getting kicked in, so you’ve got a drive up the other end of the country in front of you without stereo! :frowning: :imp:

Mine gets parked up every morning and doesnt move all day, same truck and trailer all the time :slight_smile:

Thereal-john:
Just askin!

If you’re really that bothered , why don’t you have a word with the said driver and just ask him to tidy and fill it up before he leaves at the end of his shift.