Night heaters.

I’ve just realised I left my night heater switched on when I finished work on new years eve.

There was about 100 litres in the tank at the time and I’m not due back until the 4th.

Will it of done any harm and how much fuel have I wasted?

probably have flat batteries mate

Warren T. Claim:
I’ve just realised I left my night heater switched on when I finished work on new years eve.

There was about 100 litres in the tank at the time and I’m not due back until the 4th.

Will it of done any harm and how much fuel have I wasted?

Your battery will probably be flat, won’t it?
Dunno what the fuel consumption is though.

Dependant on the truck it may automatically turn off after a given period, some do after 9 hours. If its factory fitted, then it should have a voltage sensor which shuts it down once the battery level drops below a certain point. If it does run indefinitely though I beleive they use about a half a pint every hour on high settings.

Hombre:
Dependant on the truck it may automatically turn off after a given period, some do after 9 hours. If its factory fitted, then it should have a voltage sensor which shuts it down once the battery level drops below a certain point. If it does run indefinitely though I beleive they use about a half a pint every hour on high settings.

Often wondered how much fuel they use, so that’s not to bad really.

Depends on the truck some auto shut off, some don’t. You’re in no danger fuel wise but you’ll most likely have a dead battery for certain.

Arse! It’s only on a very low setting. I only put it on 'cos I knew I’d be waiting hours in a Sainsburys RDC waiting room and didn’t want to freeze when I got back in the cab. :frowning:

From Eberspachers site: (Depends on heater model)

Start up current approx 490 watts.

Hi setting after startup 30 watts.

Fuel consumption, high setting: 0.21 litres per hour.

Reckon you should be OK, maybe someone went round and turned all the heaters off!

Let us know.

On the plus side, the cab will be warm while your waiting for a jump start ! :smiley: :smiley:
I,ve forgot before now and left one on from fri afternoon to mon morning and it was fine, started up ok.

Before you try to start it turn everything off. Then put your foot on the clutch (if you have one) when you spin the starter. This will give you the maximum chance it will start.

Santa:
Before you try to start it turn everything off. Then put your foot on the clutch (if you have one) when you spin the starter. This will give you the maximum chance it will start.

It will be a good truck to still have some air in the clutch pack after 5 days :bulb:

A few trucks have a timer and they would fire up for an hour every morning and I have left mine switched on over the weekend and it starts. Let us all know if yours does, but remember, it has been extremely cold for standard batteries

Wheel Nut:

Santa:

It will be a good truck to still have some air in the clutch pack after 5 days :bulb:

Push a little harder :wink:

Night heaters only use a slither of fuel anyway. It’ss be a jump start required at the v most :smiley:

Warren T. Claim:
and didn’t want to freeze when I got back in the cab. :frowning:

Arrrrrrrgh, do you need the toilet seat warming too? sleep with the light on? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:

Warren T. Claim:
and didn’t want to freeze when I got back in the cab. :frowning:

Arrrrrrrgh, do you need the toilet seat warming too? sleep with the light on? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Lololol

did it start ■■

Well did it start ■■?

jc69817:
Well did it start ■■?

WOT HE SAID!!!

it will be fine, even on a low setting they will still have an automatic shut off. my guess is it started & the cab was as cold as everyone elses :stuck_out_tongue:

schrodingers cat:

jc69817:
Well did it start ■■?

WOT HE SAID!!!

Yes it started! :smiley:

Warren T. Claim:

schrodingers cat:

jc69817:
Well did it start ■■?

WOT HE SAID!!!

Yes it started! :smiley:

But was the cab warm?? :smiley: :smiley: