Night Heater

Is the regulator and the thermostate the same thing ?

im pretty sure it is, whats the problem with it?

truckers boy:
im pretty sure it is, whats the problem with it?

Well it switches on warms uo nicley then reaches temp and switches of but then dont come back on when i gets colder unless you start it again been into duf ops daf and they changed all the pipes said they where crushed and dont the thermo bbut its still doing the same thing

i dunna about daf but i no if youve had batterys off etc then the night heater can go back to factory settings so it runs for around 45mins then cuts out. try re-setting it see if it makes a diffrence, if its an ebespatcher i think it has a filter in it also try taking it out an cleaning it as any air restriction will cause it to switch off

well is going back into daff again wednesday but imm not holding out much hope afterall its the third time

most daf dealers ive delt with are a load of shyite. lol . chances are they wont have a set night heater guy either

Will be an airflow problem mine did it in my cf the ends come off some how cant quite remember off hand then the casing comes open inside is either one or two filters that block give them a good blast of compressed air to clean them and reassemble i used the drain on one of my tanks to blow them through

Most DAF dealers DO have a night heater man, and will do his best though the training is useless. I was a Master Tech at a DAF dealer for 10 years, we know you like your heaters working but we cant fix everything first go every time. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

That is an overheat protection by the sound of it, usually caused by a blockage into the air intake, the one behind the drivers seat or a blocked exhaust, can also be a split casing and the combined sensor takes a faulty temp reading.

Thermostat issues usually mean it blows mad hot all the time, or will do nothing.