Night heater question.

Hello dears :grimacing:

Sorry if this has been asked before :blush: . Is it a legal requirement that sleeper cabs are fitted with a night heater? I seem to recall reading something to this effect some time ago but I may be wrong?

Reason for asking: the firm have just contract-hired a brand new 8-leg rigid complete with a seriously large Hiab but there’s no night heater, and as I’ve been given the keys, I’m not overly looking forward to the winter. And before anyone asks, no, I’m not some homosexual southerner who thinks any temperature below 15 degrees is freezing. And neither am I sleeping with the engine running all night, been there, done that :unamused:

Thanks in advance.

Martyn.

threewheelsonmywagon:
Sorry if this has been asked before :blush: . Is it a legal requirement that sleeper cabs are fitted with a night heater?

Asked many times before and the answer is still the same. No. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

And in other cab related news you don’t need a Globetrotter/SSC/Topline/Megaspace cab if you do more than 2 nights out in a row and you don’t have to sleep with your head a certain distance from the steering wheel. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy a good quilt, use a sleeping bag on top of the bunk as a bottom sheet, run the engine for 10 minutes with the engine on full blast, and get into bed. Set your alarm for 10 minutes before you want to get up, fire up the engine (with heater still on full blast) and snooze for 10 minutes - lovely and warm :smiley: I’ve got a night heater, but I find they dry the air out and I get a sore throat…

Oh, and BTW - no.

what Coffeeholic said :wink:

and if anyone tells you any different, get the biggest wet fish that you can find, and â– â– â– â– â–  slap them senseless with it :grimacing:

Put a big candle on the floor at the side of the gearstick…and if it gets cold - light it :sunglasses:

Mmmmm…

As per your question, I do think asking this makes you a southern lady boy!

threewheelsonmywagon:
And before anyone asks, no, I’m not some homosexual southerner .

We know, it says in your profile that you are from Yorkshire, so you are definitely not a southerner, whatever else you may be. :wink:

your cab is just a metal tin; get some tar-poll sheeting or a market trader sheet and cover the cab out side with it
most of the heat is loset through the glass so if you can get some bubble wrap and card and cover them inside and out side

and one of those camper gas heater put next to the window with the window open

i used to find closing the middle curtains (if fitted) always helped with staying warm, when the night heater was used i had to leave the sunroof open as waking up at 4am with a splitting headache wasnt fun

man up northern nancy :laughing:

C10HOO:
i used to find closing the middle curtains (if fitted) always helped with staying warm, when the night heater was used i had to leave the sunroof open as waking up at 4am with a splitting headache wasnt fun

sounds like you where being chocked to death old chap

C10HOO:

always sleep with a window open at home for the same reason , need to have fresh air in all the time
otherwise wake up feeling crap

Bah, bit of carbon monoxide never hurt anyone, man up!

d4c24a:

Exactly, a couple of tealights on the dashboard and warm as toast :laughing:

If it gets cold you could light them :laughing:

cieranc:
Bah, bit of carbon monoxide never hurt anyone, man up!

forgot to say
i have a carbon monoxide alarm
15 quid from wickes

Years ago on local midlands tv was report of driver who died in Spain from fumes from a camping heater he had used.

d4c24a:

Absolutely, what a ■■■■, I’ve driven to Russia in the middle of winter in a day cab where even the normal heater wasn’t working, since when did Yorkshiremen turn into raving jessies? :wink:

driver2012:
Years ago on local midlands tv was report of driver who died in Spain from fumes from a camping heater he had used.

year I saw that one as all
poor ventalation is the cause
all fires should be ventalated but with gas fumes you cant see the flames or smell them very well unlinke burning coal or diesle
get one of those kitchen bathroom wall ventalation pipes out of said B&G and run it from the fire out of your window