night heater question

I drive a 97 volvo fh and I can only seem to get the heater to work for up to 1 hour. how do I get it to work throughout the night

cheers joe

Leave the ignition on 1 click…Problem should be solved. :wink:

you might want to try turning it up to max and running it like that for an hour, they like to gum up when running on low, so you need to clean the combustion chamber like that.

Sounds to me like the printed circuit is nackered. It should stay on for at least 8 hrs. Best get a sparks to check it

clean the vent behind the passenger seat of dust and other crap that accumulates there and the vent that is in the side locker thats what i did then i got the mechanic to blow it through in the garage with their air gun now it works a treat :wink: was told to switch it on now and again during the summer months to keep all the dust and crap building up

Thetaff:
clean the vent behind the passenger seat of dust and other crap that accumulates there and the vent that is in the side locker thats what i did then i got the mechanic to blow it through in the garage with their air gun now it works a treat :wink: was told to switch it on now and again during the summer months to keep all the dust and crap building up

Yeah your right there taff keep the vents clean that’s the first thing to do, one firm I worked for ran are night heaters all weekend in the summer when we were home and parked up in the yard, { that can’t of been to often :unamused: ) but as said it keeps the dust and crap from building up.

Remove the sock and mass of pubic hair and it will fire up again :laughing:

Sounds like it might be on a timed “sleep” setting rather than “on.”

Have a good look around in the timer settings. There should :unamused: be a hand book for it in the cab.

Wheel Nut:
Remove the sock and mass of pubic hair and it will fire up again :laughing:

theres always a sock there.

joedwyer1:
I drive a 97 volvo fh and I can only seem to get the heater to work for up to 1 hour. how do I get it to work throughout the night

cheers joe

Stop working for Globby480! (he finds them too expensive to maintain)

:wink:

In my daf I just have a small knob with white squares, what is the best place to put the knob so I dont freeze to death or cook? Does it have a built in thermostat that switches it on when the temp drops to a certain level?

bubsy06:
In my daf I just have a small knob with white squares, what is the best place to put the knob so I dont freeze to death or cook? Does it have a built in thermostat that switches it on when the temp drops to a certain level?

About half way i found was ok. Maybe a touch below. Depends how thick your blanket is so it’s trial and error. Yes there is a thermostat.

You’ve fired it up correctly? If it runs only for one hour at max it might be that you’re using timer mode instead of continuous mode. If the heater is the one which has thermostat knob, small LCD screen and four buttons in a horizontal row, heater should run for eight hours when leftmost and rightmost buttons are pressed simultaneously for few seconds (heater stops the same way). If I recall correctly those buttons are marked with left and right arrow. With two buttons on the middle you can adjust LCD clock and program heater for a timed run.