Night heater, how much diesel?

Im wondering if anyone can tell me how much diesel a night heater uses, per hour, or per night. I know it depends how the thermostat is set, but for arguents sake, for the kind of weather were having now. My boss isnt being tightfisted, it was just a question that popped up in conversation.

Kindle,

Webasto use 0.69 litres per hour for 5.5kw of heating. Average consumption they say is 0.12 to 0.43 Litres per hour to maintain 18 degs in 0 degs external temperature (this is of course dependent upon your truck).

SO 9 hours parked up is a couple of quid diesel.

In our climate, about a thimble full. Whereas if you leave the engine running this rises to an eggcup full.

to be honest i wouldn’t care as long as it did the job!!bet them lads doing russia/finland/baltics don’t care either… :laughing:

cheers for replies. No i dot care either Andy, it was just something that came up in conversation.
Ive got a little fan heater that chucks out hot/warm/cool air that i use when i get electricity to plug in to, just so it doesnt wear the batteries. £19 from Argos.
Thats where the question came from, i was asked if im trying to save the company money, im not, but as we can be parked up for anything up to a week (as i am next week in Manchester) if i use the night heater, it will wear batteries down, and i dont want to keep firing the old girl up every day.

my old boss used to reckon a pint a night, although he is tighter than a ducks arse so probably over estimating, i think he would rather you slept under 50 layers without the heater!