Night driving lights

Whats the purpose of the night time driving lights in the cab?

So you can read your map, pour your coffee and roll a ■■■ on the move :grimacing:

I dont know either

Help you find coffee cup ■■■■ lighter cd’s etc when its dark :smiley:

Don’t realy need a driving light in the cab as the gas burner boiling the kettle whilst going along seems to suffice :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Simply imagine it this way…if you watch a movie in the dark…your more likely to nod-off…whereas if you have a light on…(main or corner)…you tend to stay awake for the whole duration of the movie.
Basically there is more strain on your eyes driving in the total dark…Night lights (or in my case as many lights as i can get on before there’s too much screen reflection)…reduce that strain…keeping you more awake and alert…The principle comes from pilots cab on planes.
Night driving affects different people in different ways…personnally i get burn out very quickly, if i don’t have some form of adequate backlight in the cab.

DAF95XF:

What?? Where are they? I thought the little red ones were for sleeping,and keeping spiders away! :confused:

Dunno then?:

DAF95XF:

What?? Where are they? I thought the little red ones were for sleeping,and keeping spiders away! :confused:

Always thought the RED ight was for something else :question: :laughing:

The Rustler:

Dunno then?:

DAF95XF:

I think your confusing them with blue ones. :wink: :laughing:

The Rustler:

Dunno then?:

DAF95XF:

Now I am confused. So is that Red Light District in Amsterdam place to park the lorry overnight or not?

I think it’s so you can see around your cab in the dark when driving also everything lit up red doesn’t reflect on the screen as much as putting on one of the normal lights.

DAF, for added funkyness, swap the bulbs around in all the lights. That way when the next driver jumps in and flicks them on the whole cab lights up bright red haha :laughing:

…not that I have ever done such a thing :smiling_imp:

McPloppy ©:

lol! thought u quit the ■■■■ mc ploopy? besides the renaults in your fleet dont do dark hours :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It is used at sea to aid night vision, it doesn’t really work that well, but many lamps in a chart room or occasionally a compass binnacle may be red.

If you are on a duty watch, it is much easier to stare into the blackness to regain your night vision rather than the shore lights.

It does seem to give a calming effect in a lorry cab though.

its trouble:

McPloppy ©:

lol! thought u quit the ■■■■ mc ploopy? besides the renaults in your fleet dont do dark hours :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Have Deffo quit the ■■■■ lol just over 6 months now :slight_smile:

The way the light is fading now … will be back to permanenent nights :frowning:

You put the red lights n at night when parked up so the LADIES (Or MEN) of the night know whose lorry to chap… :laughing:

i always wondered what the red lights inside the cab were for in the daf xf, but i gotta admit i do like them and it made everything easier to see.

it is believed that they reduce the glare from oncoming vehicles by filtering the white light.
i thought everyone knew that. but obviously they didn’t, so i feel prety good now. :laughing: