Night closures

I’m going on nights soon. Has anyone got a website they can link me to that’s easy to view planned closures across the network? Google maps is great but obviously only shows a road closure once it’s closed. No good for planning a route round if your planning your route before the closure is in place.
Thanks

I’m afraid it’s a case of seeing signs and dates of closures as your out and about…
Highways England app is poor and is wrong half the time,Lucky at our place
As other drivers will bell you and tell you if they see anything closed.

roadworks.org/

Google maps then select traffic this shows road closures and traffic flow.

As already said even if a website states a road closures is planned that night they don’t always go ahead or even if their is a sign been set out with closures dated on it they don’t always happen . It’s a pain but you can only go day by day and check on that specific day normally 9 to 10 o’clock that night which obviously isn’t helpful when your trying to plan around it or ring highways england that night to find out if it’s happening . I find the waze app a lot better than google maps of a night for showing round closures on time it seems to update a lot quicker where as google maps might not even be showing until a while after the closure has gone in

Coxer:

:unamused:
But as the OP pointed out this only shows at the time like LIVE TRAFFIC
They are after advanced warning of forthcoming closures
That’s what the word

Planed sort of means in the OP question :unamused:

Dam which people would read

nick2008:

Amen to that brother

Doh “note to self allow time for coffee to kick in before typing” :blush:
As said Highways England is a bit hit and miss, just keep your eyes out for advance date closure warning signs.

Right kettle back on double spoon of coffee and go :laughing:

nick2008:

Coxer:

:unamused:
But as the OP pointed out this only shows at the time like LIVE TRAFFIC
They are after advanced warning of forthcoming closures
That’s what the word

I use google maps alongside my sat nav and have found across the last couple of weeks that it is missing several closures. It didn’t show the m6 being closed last night for example. Only noticed itthe last couple of weeks though

Coxer:

I’ve tried reading and still these two sentences don’t make sense. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk