Night at brakes tomorow

As it says on the tin really, I’ve got a night at brakes in grantham tomorow (class 2) - what’s involved? I’ve done a couple of days there and dont like it really, I dont like doing many drops and it involves a lot of handball for what I get paid, are nights more of the same or is it different?

hi m8

i did nights there afew times on class2 and all i did was trunking just 5-6 pallets or picking trucks up thats have been in for work doing (tail lift) most of the work on days are handballs even some class1 drops. have you had one of there top Y reg merc yet ? great trucks

no, no merc’s but some fairly new scanias which are nice but the gearbox is a bit backwards :laughing:

Good to hear it’s not the same as days though (fingers crossed), went to motherwell for them a few days ago (night out) which I really enjoyed as I’ve never taken a truck further north than york (roughly).

last time i was in there be4 xmas they had loads of merc’s and 3 scanias (about) and yea the gearbox are ■■■■ we have them where i work now
i never did a night out for them and only went north up to peterlee (if your up that way there is a greggs up there)

I dont think they normally do nights out, apparently even their artic’s do a trailer swap at penrith. The bed I had in the scania wasn’t as good as in the dafs I’ve spent nights in - still better than the “prison bed” in pickfords trucks where you look down and dread the 8 foot drop onto the gear stick :laughing:

I’ll let you know how it goes anyway :wink:

I suggest you drive like a grandma and be really really gentle on acceleration and braking, switch off the engine if your stopped for more than 10seconds. They are [zb]s for the Fleetboard rubbish, big lectures on how bad you drive when they have no idea themselves.

Lycanthrope:
I suggest you drive like a grandma and be really really gentle on acceleration and braking, switch off the engine if your stopped for more than 10seconds. They are [zb]s for the Fleetboard rubbish, big lectures on how bad you drive when they have no idea themselves.

That is true i got pulled up about leaving the engine on when parked

Not had any issues with fleetboard yet, maybe I’m good! Conserving fuel’s second nature when you drive a 2.5 v6 and pick up the bill lol.

Actually, it was a pleasent night! Just the one drop near Bristol, wouldn’t mind doing runs like that all week. met a driver there with the charm of a cowpat and looks to match but you take the rough with the smooth I guess.

Time for some shut-eye anyway before it gets too hot. Thanks guys.