Nice weekend in the making :)

Why is it that even though I know I have a fairly easy job here and get lots of home time I still get suspicious when my dispatcher is nice to me and gives me a really easy time ? I mean … it’s not as if it’s a rare event is it, I get it easy most weeks but the early monday or even sunday night starts pee me off a bit. Today I was home in the house by 12.30 pm and hung back from calling in because I always dread what I am going to be asked to do, I half expected the “Can you do Montreal for tuesday ?” question when I called in this afternoon but instead I got “Can you be down in Yonkers by noon on Monday ?”
So … I will run down leaving my house about 7.00am instead of the early or middle of the night start, drop my empty and hook up to a preloaded one for Bordentown NJ.
A little bit peeved that I put the present tank through Blue Beacon this morning and will no doubt get a dirty tank to drag to Ocean Spray :neutral_face:

You probs get ■■■■ on mid week and do a Montreal for thurs and sit there all weekend lol untill then get outdoors with your knotted hankey on your bonce and enjoy the sun while it lasts

Nope … didn’t happen, anyway the Montreal delivery is always on Monday or Tuesday. I ran down for my load to deliver to Bordentown NJ which cancelled before I picked it up so I just got to NYC and parked, booked 10 off and ran to Wawa dairies in Lima PA and was told 'No room, go to bed driver" :laughing: I was there 16 hours. I had a really easy week actually and got home at 4.00pm friday, start again at 5.00am monday, down to NYC for nothing in particular.

My load has changed 3 times lol off to Oregon now for early dellivery monday by look of it

My weekend has been completely ruined :cry:

Self inflicted too :open_mouth:

Not too much beer either :laughing: I have stupidly returned myself to work, I’m still signed off indefinitely, but am slowly going crazy (er) so hi bloody ho, it’s off to work I go :cry:

newmercman:

Not too much beer either :laughing: I have stupidly returned myself to work, I’m still signed off indefinitely, but am slowly going crazy (er) so hi bloody ho, it’s off to work I go :cry:

Do you get sick pay in Canada ? … you get sweet FA in this so called ‘Advanced’ country, although when I broke my ribbs in 2008 Foodliner did cover me with Massachusettes workmans comp and I recieved $800.00 a week tax free.
Most companies don’t give a toss.

newmercman:

My mate in AB was injured at work and wanted to go back, but was told it was the worst thing he could do as it would effect his workers comp in the future.
I didn’t
T even realise you were off, that’s how much notice I take. What were you off for?

Yes Pat, we get a similar thing with worker’s comp :wink:

Mick, I have a Brachial Plexopathy ([zb]ed up shoulder) I was winding up the legs on a trailer that had been dropped too close to the one next to it, so I was all hunched up and turned sideways, almost under the trailer. as always with the dumbasses here, the previous driver had no idea how air dump on the unit works (even though it was the workshop foreman who should know bettter) so had wound the legs down until the trailer cleared his 5th wheel, so there I was winding away and my shoulder went pop, then my arm started hurting and that was that :cry:

I’ve buggered the nerves in my left arm, at first my whole hand went completely numb, but now (3 months later) it has got feeling again, only problem with that is the feeling is the same as when you shut your hand in a door :cry:

Had MRIs and all sorts of tests where they electrocute me, so far they tell me I’ve got nerve damage (really■■?) and some bone spurs in my neck, next up is a Neurosurgeon and another MRI on the shoulder itself this time, but it all takes so long, I’ve never had any loss of movement or strength, so I thought I’d try going back, makes no difference if I’m in pain at home or at work, I’ve become immune to the painkillers and the next ones up are those OxyContin things and they’re addictive like Heroin, no way I’m getting addicted to them, so that’s about it, just got to wait for the doctors to make their mind up :cry:

Good job its not a head Dr or we would never see you again!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

They didn’t do a very good job of ‘Electrocuting’ you :exclamation:
You’re still here :laughing: