Nice trick

:open_mouth:
kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/ … enced.aspx

The tolls are already £1.50, do try and keep up KM

Good point lol

i still cant belive the tolls were manned on xmas day. :open_mouth:

Tolls at the Dartford crossing make my blood boil!!
Years ago it was policy that once the debt had been repaid to the investors, tolls would be abolished.Like everything else nowadays,its become a ripoff and a gravytrain for those with their snout in the trough. No wonder I can’t have a wage rise.Thieves are taking money out of my pocket!!

look at the histrionics of all the tunnels and bridges with tolls they were to be abolished once the costs have been paid…surprise surprise we still pay the tolls years after the costs have been recouped

jessicas dad:
i still cant belive the tolls were manned on xmas day. :open_mouth:

Yup, every booth was open execpt the escape lane/wideload booth going over the bridge, and every booth on the way back bar 2. I was the only one going over Christmas morning and i had a dart tag so they still didn;t have to do anything :laughing: The attendant i went past looked bored out of his mind.

just think how easy traffic would flow if they did get aboished but then with no congestion they’d be no need for congestion charge either

same old, they say one thing like when crossing is paid for there will be no toll, and then later on do another thing like thinking 17m a year hmmmmmm but what if we backtrack on what we said we could get lots more a year :unamused:

same old same old get more want more

I like some of the comments on the link page!! Made I chuckle! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would love to pay £1.50 to cross the Severn, instead it’s just gone up on the 1st of January to £5.70 for a car and £17.20 for a truck that’s £1425 a year to travel to work by car. Both bridges cost £12 million a year to operate and the tolls take £6 million a month.

skoowif:
Tolls at the Dartford crossing make my blood boil!!
Years ago it was policy that once the debt had been repaid to the investors, tolls would be abolished.Like everything else nowadays,its become a ripoff and a gravytrain for those with their snout in the trough. No wonder I can’t have a wage rise.Thieves are taking money out of my pocket!!

If it ain’t that it’s something else to con gullible Joe Public. I can remember in the late sixties when they were changing over to North sea gas, the politicians of the day were loudly trumpeting that ‘once the pipelines ect have been paid for, why, gas will be virtually free!!!’
Nothing new under the sun they say :grimacing: