Nice old film about the M1

Six years after opening. Features a Seddon artic of BRS delivering bricks.

eafa.org.uk/catalogue/204887

What a good find, the BRS boy certainly earned his sausage, egg and chips handballing his load of bricks off!! and what a long forgotten different way of life. Regards, Mizzo. p.s, I drove the khaki tippers out of Teesport in the 70’s, sadly I never took any photos.

Yes very good BD enjoyed that.
Its a good site that EAFA type F Perkins or Ketton Cement and there’s nice old films about them.
Ditto on the photo’s Mizzo. Regards Mike.

I love those old films reminds me of when I was a kid going with me old man, there is a few nice films on that site the perkins one is a good one have a look on there chaps, eafa.org.uk/catalogue/5998fff not sure if this link will open its an ineresting film with a bit about perkins engine company cheers fredm

Very enjoyable to watch that. Classic BRS combination for 1965 of Seddon 30/4/690 (Probably, I think it’s an AEC powered Seddon, not the Gardner option) and Boden tandem axle trailer. I would think that someone on here will be able to identify the BRS driver.

It was interesting to note how little the woman looked in her mirrors.
Also the Seddon only had 850 odd miles on the clock but it looked as if the steering column was about to drop off.

Great film,brought back lots of memories.
Yes I’ve handballed bricks like that,but without some form of protection his finger ends would have been bleeding in no time.
Even back then with so little traffic people were hogging lanes two and three,but as there was so little traffic,someone had to use them
The only car with seatbelts was the police car and they didn’t bother wearing them!

Hmm, when I try to view the video I just get ‘access denied’ for some reason? :cry:

Pete.

gingerfold:
Very enjoyable to watch that. Classic BRS combination for 1965 of Seddon 30/4/690 (Probably, I think it’s an AEC powered Seddon, not the Gardner option) and Boden tandem axle trailer. I would think that someone on here will be able to identify the BRS driver.

Brilliant find :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , yeah my old man had an identicle seddon- aec engined (first lorry i ever rode in as a kid ) , the driver was Bert- the foreman at the lincoln rd BRS depot in northampton ( behind the bus garage now ) ,there was more footage of this on a show a few years ago about transport cafes on ITV & it also showed Bert stop at Bobs cafe on the A45

What a great film i really enjoyed it ,the woman must have been important as she said they should stop lorries using the 3rd lane and what did they do? Might be a good idea to post it on the BRS thread

the film in the arcives wi the leyland redi mix trucks a good un.

Excellent film BD,unfortunately for us we don’t live in the same country,now,as it was then,and we can’t turn the clock back,mores the pity !! Did anyone notice Harry Gill sat in the corner of the Cafe ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Excellent film BD,unfortunately for us we don’t live in the same country,now,as it was then,and we can’t turn the clock back,mores the pity !! Did anyone notice Harry Gill sat in the corner of the Cafe ? Cheers Dennis.

Sentiments I wholeheartedly agree with Dennis. I was wondering about those other drivers in the cafe. I thought one of them could have been Tommy Hollander who used to drive for HKR Transport of Little Lever. He was a cockney and sadly died from a heart attack in about 1970.

addthis.com/bookmark.php sorry ignore link will not work, fredm

“go in to Coventry, Rowley Road” priceless. A great bit of film. Love the way they unload the bricks.

What a great piece of Nostagia. I always remember how empty the M1 was north of Watford Gap when I was on nights driving back to Sheffield market in the late 60s,just the odd trunker or two and 'appen a bird with her skirt up in a car passenger side,usually around Nottingham. :laughing:

Excellent, I’ve stuck that in me favourites list. The Seddon certainly brought back memories for me as my old mans 150 powered C reg would have been as new as this one and the in cab views took me right back. I agree it was likely AEC engined as the 150 Gardner Seddon’s always seemed to have two air vents on the cab front, not sure why. I can still remember the rythmic clicking of the tail light switch on the dash when someone had flashed him back in, which wasn’t very often as it only done 40mph! I also noticed what the woman said about the third lane, I wonder if she complained when they stopped people smoking in places what served food, the lorry driver was the only one without a ■■■ in his gob. Didn’t realise you just flung the bricks off too, obviously breakages were taken into account. Always nice to see how clean places were then, we might have advanced in many areas over the last 50/60 years but we’ve took a few steps back too. Great film. Franky.