Ni stamp rate reduction

Announced in the budget today the ni rate will drop from 12% to 10% on 6/1/24 also the nlw will go up to 11.44 p/h. here is the rub though

here is the rub though
40 hours at current nlw = 40 * 10.42 = 416.80
ni at current rate (416.80 - 242) * 0.12 = 20.976 ie £20.98

40 hours at new nlw = 40 * 11.44 = 457.60
ni at new rate = (457.60 - 242) * 0.1 = 21.56

thats an increase of 58 pence per week so much for saving the lower paid jobs money

You earn an extra £40 are you really going to quibble about 50 pence?

Don’t be distracted by this pittance of a reduction.

The fiscal drag being felt with the lack of increase on tax free allowances is rakeing it in for the tax office .No increase until 2026 and I don’t suppose a Labour govt will change it either.
The country has been bankrupted by the Tories.

stu675:
You earn an extra £40 are you really going to quibble about 50 pence?

that 40 quid will disappear on the increase of bills and food because we all know that the stores cant afford the wage increase with out putting the prices up. they do it every year

a year or two back there was a discussion on here about how much food would go up if the drivers wages went up a pound an hour assuming 26 pallets of beans i think it was decided that the cost per can would go up between 0.01 -0.03 pence

As someone else pointed out to me last night bugger luggs is spending an extra 20 million but bringing in a further 90 million

Don’t turn the heating on this winter and you might feel the benefit!

The Ofgem price cap is climbing again and will rise to £1,928 a year for a typical annual energy bill in Great Britain when it is adjusted in January.
Soaring energy bills have made the price cap set by the energy regulator a closely watched figure. The bad news is that after dropping back to £1,834 a year in October it is to rise by £94 in January, after a jump in wholesale gas and electricity prices.
This leaves the majority of households facing the coldest months of the year with much higher energy costs than before the pandemic, without government help and limited scope to switch to a cheaper deal.

JeffA:
Don’t turn the heating on this winter and you might feel the benefit!

The Ofgem price cap is climbing again and will rise to £1,928 a year for a typical annual energy bill in Great Britain when it is adjusted in January.
Soaring energy bills have made the price cap set by the energy regulator a closely watched figure. The bad news is that after dropping back to £1,834 a year in October it is to rise by £94 in January, after a jump in wholesale gas and electricity prices.
This leaves the majority of households facing the coldest months of the year with much higher energy costs than before the pandemic, without government help and limited scope to switch to a cheaper deal.

precisely my point the whole thing was designed as a loss leader. the energy cap was on the fuel price what put most peoples fuel bill up was the daily charge that went up in my case from 24p a day to 49p

Schools, hospitals falling down, the rivers full of raw excrement, gas companies milking us for everything they can. The only reason to have these pretend tax cuts now is to deliberately bankrupt the country and make it as difficult as possible for Labour when they finally get rid of these shower of excrement tories.

thing is i don’t think labor are any better. Thing is when Boris was in power if he as much as even ■■■■■■ in the wrong direction we had a front page spread all about it for 10 days. This incestuous lot can do anything as plain as a pike staff and if anyone points out the error of their ways they are met with ridicule.

Boris had the right wing press in his pocket - !ail sun telegraph express. The maol even hored hom as a columist.