NHS

Spent your whole life giving out about it, why because of waiting lists or something else
Now you want to clap it
It has always been a first class service with underpaid staff, it’s only when you have people who think they should be seen to here and now are the ones who complain
The service has always been there and the attention and the care
It’s a first class service and it’s one of a kind not seen anywhere else, the staff are just underpaid and have been for years

This is why they are underpaid and why there is no ppe youtube.com/watch?v=4_QvABf0vBA

I watched that on the tele a few weeks ago. Bloody disgusting state of affairs.

When you consider that a consultant with a few years experience probably earns (basic) what 3 nurses earn, it is ludicrous. This kind of situation can be traced back to the class system in this country. These people are then working shoulder to shoulder. The doctors are arrogant and brass necked, no doubt. The same as lawyers etc etc.

if the nurses caring for covid victims are now classed as “heroes” due to some faceache/twitter fanny having a brainstorm with the collective snowflake lemmings joining in,then how come they wernt heroes when they were previously treating others in hospital with all sorts of other contagious disease?.
all they are doing is the job they are meant to be doing.
firemen,policemen,ambulance men ect,are only doing the job they are normally meant to be doing.
by the same logic,then a taxi driver or checkout cabbage still working would need to be classed as a “hero” seeing as how its just a normal dude doing a normal job without the paid for ppe equipment and they need to be in close proximity with joe public.
truckies generally dont mix with great numbers of other humans in a normal days work so no heroism there im afraid.
if a fireman kicks in the door of a house and helps people out,then thats the job he trained for as opposed to your neighbour doing the same which would imply bravery moreso than the fireman.
any soldier going to any country on duty is not a hero unless they did something that merited that description,but the media do love a new puppy to play with hence the clapping and similar rubbish.
theres no denying they do a good job and im not knocking them as if it was me,then id be lying at home on 80% not giving a toss,but personally i think it falls short of the “hero” status.

dieseldog999:
if the nurses caring for covid victims are now classed as “heroes” due to some faceache/twitter fanny having a brainstorm with the collective snowflake lemmings joining in,then how come they wernt heroes when they were previously treating others in hospital with all sorts of other contagious disease?.
all they are doing is the job they are meant to be doing.
firemen,policemen,ambulance men ect,are only doing the job they are normally meant to be doing.
by the same logic,then a taxi driver or checkout cabbage still working would need to be classed as a “hero” seeing as how its just a normal dude doing a normal job without the paid for ppe equipment and they need to be in close proximity with joe public.
truckies generally dont mix with great numbers of other humans in a normal days work so no heroism there im afraid.
if a fireman kicks in the door of a house and helps people out,then thats the job he trained for as opposed to your neighbour doing the same which would imply bravery moreso than the fireman.
any soldier going to any country on duty is not a hero unless they did something that merited that description,but the media do love a new puppy to play with hence the clapping and similar rubbish.
theres no denying they do a good job and im not knocking them as if it was me,then id be lying at home on 80% not giving a toss,but personally i think it falls short of the “hero” status.

I actually agree with most of that, there is a lot of sense in there. :open_mouth:

A truck driver who was perfectly willing to work, but was laid off is not a hero by consensus. The work he had been doing delivering all manner of things for years for the general good was not worthy because there was no crisis at the time.

To be fair to the nurses, ambulance crew, doctors etc, the difficulty perhaps is not so much the work, but the increased risk factor and the stress of wondering if you are taking the virus home, not to mention the 12 hour shifts on your feet. By definition they are working in the place people go to when they get the virus, so the risk factor is a lot higher than other workers.

I don’t think anyone begrudges acknowledging the NHS front line staff, and that includes the cleaners and ancilliary workers, but i’m not going to stand and applaud the new NHS religion North Korea style, nutter family up the road were out banging saucepans last week, Jesus wept.

Same with the old bill, some probably most coppers are decent sticks trying to do a difficult job with their hands tied behind their backs and having to be more careful than the criminals they’re not allowed to go after, but i’m not going to applaud the police service and its common purpose trained fast track seniors who want to police everything in this country except crime.

Those groups and most of the public sectorshave guaranteed jobs and pensions, unless they get caught with their fingers in the till or giving someone they shouldn’t be a portion, their incomes are rock solid and likely to be decent pay increases coming shortly.
Different story in the private sector where many people’s finances are going to hit the buffers through no fault of their own, not sure how enthusiastic the poor buggers chucked out on the street will be in a few month’s time for the compulsory spectacles of adoration.

I give the nhs a clap every time & will continue too , these young nurses & doctors
Deserve support & they will certainly get it from me , I’m proud of them all including
The mrs & my girl .

dozy:
I give the nhs a clap every time & will continue too , these young nurses & doctors
Deserve support & they will certainly get it from me , I’m proud of them all including
The mrs & my girl .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i expect stobrat planners are all out in the yard every night clapping like seals for you with your above and beyond commitment to duty being another hero delivering rolacola to rdc gulags with the obligatory night out in a layby just in time to shove in a jaffa cake and collapse for 8 hr 59 mins…
juddians observation of

is surprisingly accurate .

dozy:
The mrs & my girl .

Less of the young, the nurses are coming out of retirement or going back to their roots, to lift dirty old men onto bed pans and hold their willy in a bottle!

Juddian:
i’m not going to stand and applaud the new NHS religion North Korea style.

^ I think there’s an agenda in that.I’ve got an awful suspicion that it is actually a quisling government inspired, Common Purpose orchestrated, show of loyalty to their CCP masters and a show of how gullible and easily led the Brit population is. :open_mouth: