NHS Supply Chain

Hi all. NHS Supply Chain are advertising for class 2 jobs in my area. Has anyone worked for them or does anyone know what they are like? Cheers.

I have no idea what they are like to work for now, but you will be delivering to hospitals and clinics. Expect difficult access, poor or non-existent loading bays and unhelpful storemen. On the plus side - hospitals are pretty easy to find.

BreakerOneNine:
does anyone know what they are like? Cheers.

Run by DHL if I’m not mistaken, terrible company to work for & most trucks are zb day cabs.

Very easy to find the Hospital, BUT, trying to find the right door is a nightmare.

I worked out of Runcorn on agency when it was Taylor Barnard. The truck would be loaded ready for you to start. One or two hospitals in the morning. Come back unload your own empty cages and load yourself. Then another one or two hospitals. You will never find lighter cages. Some of mine had one box of tissues in. They never rushed you.
However they also delivered baby milk power to clinics in a 7.5t. These really were in bad places and you had to put the stock away yourself.

Pimpdaddy:

BreakerOneNine:
does anyone know what they are like? Cheers.

Run by DHL if I’m not mistaken, terrible company to work for & most trucks are zb day cabs.

Day cabs is hardly the biggest issue when only working days and no nights out. What is so bad about the company?

mrginge:
Day cabs is hardly the biggest issue when only working days and no nights out. What is so bad about the company?

Too much red tape, penny pinching, zb kit & poor pay!

The problem with storemen in hospitals is that when they get a delivery, they have to do some work. Spoils their day.

I was doing some work on a 7.5tonner, had to go to a mental health unit in Birmingham. The loading bay was so small you could barely swing a cat in it let alone a 18 tonner. I had trouble getting my little Tonka toy turned around.

I come across them regularly,as I deliver to the same places…I’ve never seen one of their drivers even remotely in a hurry :wink:

I worked for them out of Bridgwater last year. The previous responses on this thread have pretty-much summarised it. I went to 400 sites in the first 6 months. Some sites you visit all the time of course. Very few of them designed for trucks. There is no site info provided by the office. However, it’s fairly easy class 2 work. Our depot had 40 trucks, of which 3 artics. All DAF auto fleet. Some fairly long distances involved. Different run every day, maybe two runs. Some night work available as well. Poor pay. Exploitation of new drivers and agency drivers is both deliberate and cynical.
Drop me a PM with any specific questions.

I work for a NHS/DHL supply chain… Great job!!!

Hospitals are tight to get into. Some cages/pallets with one box on them… others overloaded. Crap and very basic DAFs, very well maintained though, if it has a defect, it goes nowhere. Hospitals are far too warm inside. Some store staff and ignorant tossers, others are great and help you out. Delivering during visiting times is a fatal waiting to happen… reversing up/down/in/out, what ever… always get some idiot walking behind you. Finding a hospital is easy… LOL yeah but one wrong turn inside the hospital grounds with a artic, you are screwed monumentally… I found this out the hard way.

I’ve had much worse jobs than this