NEXT

does anyone out there drive for NEXT? if so any info on them gratefully received.

Nextski.

A very good old friend of mine is their national distribution manager and another is their national transport manager and they’ve both got good little numbers… hope this helps :wink:

Thanks Flip :laughing:

they don’t tolerate mistakes well

There about 5 or 6 little class 2 Dafs that park at our depot(DHL, not a big Next depot), i think theyre on £9.50 an hour, good little job by all accounts, hours are ok as well so i beleive.

kindle530:
There about 5 or 6 little class 2 Dafs that park at our depot(DHL, not a big Next depot), i think theyre on £9.50 an hour, good little job by all accounts, hours are ok as well so i beleive.

Not that good mate job involves weekend working and lots of heavy handball of furniture sofas etc into peoples homes. can be okay some days but a total pain when you can’t get a sofa through a doorway and planners can’t understand why and its always the delivery crews fault lol

imagine that the furniture deliveries may be hard graft but surely the trunking operation for parcels and the shop deliveries aren’t bad.
I did both of those when Parcelnet were operating the delivery service for them and apart from the tight rules the job was a doddle.

del949:
imagine that the furniture deliveries may be hard graft but surely the trunking operation for parcels and the shop deliveries aren’t bad.
I did both of those when Parcelnet were operating the delivery service for them and apart from the tight rules the job was a doddle.

Shop deliveries are a lot of handball of plastic crates plus loading empties and quite a few of theirs are city centres where you can’t get that near to the store. This was years ago, mind, but I don’t think much has changed from what I see out and about. Hourly Rate was middling then I would have said.

drove for them for around a year out of warrington, crap logistics, ok kit, lots of handball and lazy ■■■■■■ backdoor staff make your job harder ie can you just move that pallet ten more feet that way drive, huh, thats why i jibbed it

Not sure what is meant by crap logisitics. I was never asked to do anything impossible or illegal etc.
I agree that there is a bit of handball, but it’s not hard handball if you’re organized.
city centre shops can be a problem but not excessively so and I rarely had a problem with the staff, if delivering to out of town shops, i.e. clearance shops the staff were really good and pointed me to some real bargains for SWMBO.
Don’t know the wages as I was working for Parcelnet contracted to Next but I thought that what is lost on hourly rate would be made up in fringe benefits, i.e. pension etc.
I suppose that if looking for a steering wheel attendants job, then Next is probably not the way to go, although the trunking work would fit the bill OK

From what I know of friends working for Next - the weekdays are pretty calm and easy (only the odd furniture delivery), but the weekends can be pretty hectic. You usually get put with a partner for the furniture deliveries though. You’ve just got to be prepared to talk to people as well as drive… Next are huge on their customer service, so if they’re told that a driver was a bit rude, they don’t take it well.