Next trucks...

MRC:
i thought there was a minimum speed limit on the motorway?

No there isn’t - why do so many think this :question: :question:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49109

It probably said I’m limited to 40 on single carriageway, thats what they usually say as joe public doesn’t understand we have different road rules to obey to and wonder why they are stuck behind a slow juggernaut on said type of road

Yeah that’ll mean on single carriageways. Our trucks have big stickers on the back saying that DHL are saving the planet by making us drive at 85kph.

I think it’s more to do with saving DHL money myself :grimacing: If they wanted to do that they should have given us 280s with a four over four rather than 220s with a straight six so that when cruising at 30, 40, or 50 we might have a chance of getting it in the middle of the green rather than under it or over it. :imp:

Had a transit van overtook me the other day on the M5, took him ages. When he finally got by there was a sign on the back saying that he was limited to 56mph by law! Someone telling porkies :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

MRC:

Rog, I thought the minimum speed on a British motorway was 30 mph!

chooch:
Had a transit van overtook me the other day on the M5, took him ages. When he finally got by there was a sign on the back saying that he was limited to 56mph by law! Someone telling porkies :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some of the new vans exceed 3.5 tonne and so are limited to 90 kph the same as anything else of that weight!

chooch:

I had a sprinter pass me today with the same sign on it. IIRC anything over 3.5 tonnes is now “speed limited” to 85 kph +/- 5% (i.e. 56 mph).

At present in the UK, there is no legislation for minimum speeds on UK motorways. Although there has been calls for years to set a minimum speed limit, the practicalities of doing so means that at present there is still no specific minimum speed. In general, road works, variable speed control and flow of traffic can all affect the minimum speed on a motorway so setting a minimum speed can be problematic. In some countries they do set a minimum speed however and it seems to work effectively. The Republic of Ireland has a minimum speed of 30 mph on motorways, but generally in the UK, minimum speeds are temporary and are usually highlighted by circular road signs.

Bloody Irish get it right

ROG:

MRC:

there’s no minimum speed limit but you can get done for it though for driving to slow as you are in a 70 zone with fast moving traffic and end up approaching a car or a lorry doing 30 (thats not safe) and will cause a crash of some sort. the slow driver we get done simple but not sure what offence though but i have heard people have been done for it

Would driving at a very slow speed on a motorway attract a ‘driving without due care & consideration’ ticket?

newmercman:
Would driving at a very slow speed on a motorway attract a ‘driving without due care & consideration’ ticket?

That would be one option open to the enforcement agencies.
I would imagine there are others