Newtonmore truckstop

I am off up to Inverness later in the week. Never been that far north! What’s Newtonmore Truckstop like?

Don’t know but they do advertise in truck stop news .

It’s OK, think it’s around the £15 mark with a meal voucher, meals are ok. Also got a small bar.

if its the one on the left as you travel north on the main drag,its ok

Don’t forget there is also the motor grill at ballinluig I’ve never paid here and not sure if your supposed to do either ? there’s also a free shower but you’ll need to mop it out ! Also the v8 at Inverness is worth it too .

Dan Punchard:
Don’t forget there is also the motor grill at ballinluig I’ve never paid here and not sure if your supposed to do either ? there’s also a free shower but you’ll need to mop it out ! Also the v8 at Inverness is worth it too .

That’s the ones been looking at mate, V8 at Inverness would be the best one as my drop is on the same street! :wink: Leaving Scunthorpe in the morning with 1 in Ripon, 4 in the North east, 1 in Edinburgh and 1 in Stirling looking to be in Inverness Friday Morning.

mightyironman:

Dan Punchard:

That’s the ones been looking at mate, V8 at Inverness would be the best one as my drop is on the same street! :wink: Leaving Scunthorpe in the morning with 1 in Ripon, 4 in the North east, 1 in Edinburgh and 1 in Stirling looking to be in Inverness Friday Morning.

If you want to free park, go 2 streets down from truckstop on the Ind est, and park down from the fire station. There is a good Fish and chip restaurant across the road on the main drag heading towards town, and a pub further down by the riverside.

motor grill and newtonmore fill up early, motorgrill is free parking, newtonmore is 15 quid n u get a meal voucher n think it a quid for the shower. last time i was at inverness lorry park it had some major spring breaking holes in it but these could be filled in and i hear the grub is fine.

Last time I parked there(about 6 months ago) it was £10 including a meal voucher and shower IIRC. Be quick in the shower,as it is on a token-operated timer and you don’t(or didn’t)get too long.Don’t normally stop there as it’s too close to home.
As Dan says,Ballinluig is a good stop,free parking,free shower,decent food.Only downside is it doesn’t open till 8am so if you have an early start,no breakfast.Also has fuel on site,accept all major cards.
Have only been in the V8 once since it opened so can’t really say too much about it.

Once you get on to the A9 you are allowed to average 50 mph.I think that Ballinluig is a better bet than Newtonmore.

Wherever you end up you’ll love the drive up the A9 from Perth upto Inverness. Some of the best scenery in the whole country especially around the Cairngorms.

Highlander:
Last time I parked there(about 6 months ago) it was £10 including a meal voucher and shower IIRC. Be quick in the shower,as it is on a token-operated timer and you don’t(or didn’t)get too long.Don’t normally stop there as it’s too close to home.
As Dan says,Ballinluig is a good stop,free parking,free shower,decent food.Only downside is it doesn’t open till 8am so if you have an early start,no breakfast.Also has fuel on site,accept all major cards.
Have only been in the V8 once since it opened so can’t really say too much about it.

she dropped her price then since i was last up that way 20 months ago