Newton Abbott parking

Evening all, running down to Newton Abbott on Sunday , does anybody know if you can still park at the racecourse or not ? My usual ■■■■■■■■■■■■ is a no no on Sundays , thanks in advance for any info

Hi.
Unfortunately there’s no longer any parking at the Racecourse. You could try Brunel Road Ind Est,there’s also a couple of Lay-bys on the A380 at Kingsteignton,North & South Bound,virtually opposite each other.
Heathfield Ind Est on a Sunday would have some parking all be it on the road.

Could try Rydon industrial estate it’s near Tesco’s and the racecourse it’s only a small place but should be ok on a Sunday.

Haven’t been there for 2 years. But last job used to regular park.up on the estate near the premiere inn facing tesco.
Only small estate where bookers is
Postcode tg12 3bn.

If you just want a quiet night with no facilities, then head for Heathfield Ind Estate. Turn left at the shops, into Cavalier Road then 1st left into Wentworth Road. This just loops round but should be very quiet on a Sunday.

The laybys on the A380 are now restricted to 2 hours parking 24/7. As already mentioned Heathfield or Brunel Road might be your best options. There’s a chippie and shop on heathfield or a lidls or aldi (not sure which) on the brunel road ind est. Where abouts are you going in Newton Abbot?

Also if you park on brunel Road ind est you can walk off via Quay Road under the railway bridge then the road at the end of that one has a load of take aways on it.

dreamingofoz:
The laybys on the A380 are now restricted to 2 hours parking 24/7. As already mentioned Heathfield or Brunel Road might be your best options. There’s a chippie and shop on heathfield or a lidls or aldi (not sure which) on the brunel road ind est. Where abouts are you going in Newton Abbot?

Tipping at carpetright , Heathfield sounds like a plan , I normally stay at trago but the gates will be shut by the time I land , thanks for the replies chaps

largebloke1969:

dreamingofoz:

Tipping at carpetright , Heathfield sounds like a plan , I normally stay at trago but the gates will be shut by the time I land , thanks for the replies chaps

It’s unbelievable that parking in a lay by is restricted to 2 hrs…where the f**k do Councils expect a Driver to stop for a Government enforced break then…!!
I can understand them moving a Camper Van on or Caravan but a Lorry Driver governed by a Tacho…unbelievable…!!!
Rant over

Azer:
It’s unbelievable that parking in a lay by is restricted to 2 hrs…where the f**k do Councils expect a Driver to stop for a Government enforced break then…!!
I can understand them moving a Camper Van on or Caravan but a Lorry Driver governed by a Tacho…unbelievable…!!!
Rant over

Try and keep up mate, have you not heard?
Local councils don’t ‘‘Expect’’ anything when it comes to truck parking… because they do not care !! :bulb:
They only ‘‘Expect’’ you to disappear tf out of their jurisdiction area for 11 hours, after you have provided a service to said area.
The only time truck parking comes up on their agenda is when they are either banning it from somewhere unofficial, after a complaint from one or more of their nimby potential voters, or when they decide to close down a truck park that has been there for years, without providing an alternative.
Good old UK.