Newly qualified

Having just recently passed i am looking for a job driving dust carts, any tips for when i get behind the wheel…i know a few of the trucks this company have are rear steer…

plus the trucks are quite a bit bigger then the one i learnt in…im guessing this is how most new drivers feel lol

Watch the rear end swing if you’ve got a terberg bin lift it adds a good 5ft to the body and try and get the unit as close to the bins as poss defo with euro bins

why would you want a job driving bin lorries? that’s normally what the agency give you when they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel

jbaz73:
why would you want a job driving bin lorries? that’s normally what the agency give you when they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel

Really?
If you go full time with the local council you are on quite good money with good benefits and facilities. I know for a fact that my local council its job and knock; so you’re rarely working a full shift.

The downside to that is until you learn the route your gonna be slow which will annoy the binmen you are working with who just want to smash it out as fast as possible.

You want a job driving dust carts and your looking for tips :smiley:
Lol that’s a cracker :sunglasses:

decent money plus whatever extras you do, i know that the drivers at the place i’ve applied for are taking home 1800 a month plus the side jobs they do

adam277:
The downside to that is until you learn the route your gonna be slow which will annoy the binmen you are working with who just want to smash it out as fast as possible.

If that was me driving they’d get a mouthful off me about teamwork!

Show me the best way round route or shut the F up!

dcgpx:

adam277:

If that was me driving they’d get a mouthful off me about teamwork!

Show me the best way round route or shut the F up!

Like most jobs you get stick when you start for not knowing what your doing you just gotta man up and listen and learn. If you can’t take it don’t do it.
Also with a dustcart all you will be doing is driving in towns with cars parked either side so expect a lot of driving in tight situations with a load of motorists who just want to get passed you.