Newly qualified driver

Hello I’m new here I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Newly qualified class 2 licence holder with Digi tacho card.
I have recently obtained CPC and as of 17/06/2014 will have 14 hours added ready for 2019 deadline.
I have a job but basically i work for the MOD and currently am sitting at home between work meetings. Which has ended up being once a month.

I want to break into the truck driving scene and I’m after a job with FULL time hours driving so i can gain experience until i get offered redundancy then it’ll hopefully become my primary income.

I live in Coventry and i’m wondering if anyone works for or knows of any company/ companies that would take someone on in my position. I might even consider a work trial if needed.

Please leave comments or pm if anyone has advice etc

You may get a start if you register with agencies.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Scotticov1:
Hello I’m new here I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Newly qualified class 2 licence holder with Digi tacho card.
I have recently obtained CPC and as of 17/06/2014 will have 14 hours added ready for 2019 deadline.
I have a job but basically i work for the MOD and currently am sitting at home between work meetings.

I want to break into the truck driving scene and I’m after a second job until i get offered redundancy then it’ll hopefully become my primary income.

I live in Coventry and i’m wondering if anyone works for or knows of any company/ companies that would take someone on in my position. I would even work for free for a month as an incentive if needed as I’m aware of the whole new driver insurance situation.

Please leave comments or pm if anyone has advice etc

That probably won’t make you very popular here, how would you like it if I offered to do your job free for a month so your employer could save on wages, I realise that’s not the way you’re thinking about it but that is the reality of what happens when people work for nothing.

Anyway, as you don’t want regular full time work the agencies would probably be your best bet, but please don’t offer to work for free, remember that for every days work you do for free someone else goes without a days wage.

Another way for you to gain experience is to see if you can find a driver in your area who would be prepared to let you go out with them on occasions.

Good luck :wink:

Cheers for that Peter

Was thinking of doing such but i’ve been having a butchers around some local jobs through agencies and still the whole two years or even one job requested to have 6 months commercial experience.

It strikes me as a swings and roundabouts scenario.

Will have to see what some job agencies have to say.

Scotti, try Knights of Old they take on newbies and pay for licences.Some have apprentice schemes.
Or Widdowsons transport.
Bit of cab hopping until you get an allocated truck.
Or Insight transport at Inkberrow.They do Spain and Gibraltar and Uk work.Ask for Steve Walker.