Newly qualified driver with a few q's

miked82:

Eat My BB:
The easiest way to work out your breaks for driving time and WTD is, say you start at 7am.
At 11.30am check to see how much accumulated driving I have done. If its under 3hrs then I know I can wait until 1pm to have a 45min break, which will rest my driving time and can get me back to the depot for 5pm.
If my driving is more than 3hrs, say 3hrs 45min then at 12 I would have my 45min break and still have enough driving time to get back to the depot for 5pm.

Work out where in the day is your half way mark(mines is 12 noon) so I try and have the start of my break between 12 and 1. so I know I have enough time without having to have another 45min break.

yeah start at 7 till 5 (if not later or earlier due to work load).

I’m usualy finished and back at the depot for about 2:30 - 3:00, some days when I have had to do deliveries for other depot that I go to daily, it is later. The depot closes at 5pm so I have to be back for that time, with all the deliveries done or not.

thanks for the last few replies and examples, helps alot :slight_smile:

im off today back in tomorrow. ive actualy got an interview this afternoon as my work is just short of 100m round trip and not really worth it . by the time im back at the yard, could be as late as 7, then the drive back (between 1- 1.5hr) ive been gettin home some nights at 9pm :frowning: but at the time i went with the job offer.