Newly passed, got an assessment for a job, scared! Passed!

I recently passed my class 2 :smiley: so happy. I love being out driving and delivering to customers. I’m a bit sad, I genuinely enjoy the job!
Anyway I have been to an interview this week, and have been told if I pass an assessment I will be offered a permanent job! To say I am chuffed is an understatement !
But I am so nervous. Even more so than the actual HGV test!
What is likely to be in the assessment? Vehicle checks? Driving? What if I make a ■■■■ up?

Lots of past threads here about assessments.
But the basic advice is to be attentive, interested, KEEN AS MUSTARD etc… :wink:
Beyond that, it’s just being sensible and NOT rushing!

Oh crap sorry! Am not very good on the forum/ internet thing. I will get my daughter to help! Thanks for the reply.

Class2newbie:
Oh crap sorry! Am not very good on the forum/ internet thing. I will get my daughter to help! Thanks for the reply.

No worries pal, not being critical, just pointing you in the right direction to loads more information…
You’ll also find more by searching the main forum as well!

Best of luck! :smiley:

:smiley: thankyou ! I will start searching/reading/learning!

Just learn your basic tacho regs go in withe the attitude as if your moving a motor for a mate but you need to do all checks etc.

Looking at truck as you approach for leaks and vis damage.
Mirrors lights etc etc height marker in place and set
Lights etc seat and if there’s a defect book just have a gander to see if any things been flagged by previous driver

Its not quite like the test but it does share some things with it. They will ask you some questions on the rules and regs etc so swat up on that. As for the driving, just be cool, calm and collected. Don’t rush or use the truck to bully other road users. My instructor for my Class 2 said to me that there is a fine line between ■■■■■■■■■■ and intimidation. Use the size of the vehicle to your advantage but not to the point where you’re forcing other road users to take evasiv action. If you’re doing a reverse and you think your getting close, get out and go look. Do this as many times as you need. The goal here is not to damage anything.

There may parts where you need to demonstrate securing the load so use common sense with that. There could be a delivery involved so be polite and just show that you aren’t a miserable person because taking to people is actually a large part of the job and no-one wants to talk to a moody git :grimacing:

Thanks for all the advice and pointers everyone, very much appreciated. Hopefully will have some good news to report after the assessment :smiley:

When is your assessment…? Would love to know how it went.if it’s not happened yet… Good luck.

So I had my assessment, which I can honestly say, was harder than the actual HGV tests! I had lots of questions on hours, tacho, WTD, etc etc. Followed by daily vehicle checks, then over an hour driving assessment.
I am very happy to say I passed, and am now in full time employment :smiley:
Thanks for the advice everyone.