Newly Passed C+E Experience/Job Query

Hi all,

I passed my C+E Practical Test yesterday & my Licence has been sent off to be updated. I am expecting to meet the same experience obstacles as most/all of the newbies so wanted some advice as to how to start getting some experience. I am in a Full-time Mon-Fri job with 3 months notice period, so currently, I’ll be stuck with getting any weekend agency work.

Is this something that is likely to be available & would it be worth getting any experience e.g. rigid or artic at this stage?

I’m contacting as many agencies etc. as I can this weekend to see where I stand but thought I’d ask this very helpful forum for any general steers/ tips, which will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Scroopster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congrats on the pass!
Looks like you’re hitting a good time of year, a month or so to get registered with the agencies and hope work picks up from April.
How urgent is your desire to transition from a high powered job (you don’t get 3 mths notice for nothing) into trucking?

stu675:
Congrats on the pass!
Looks like you’re hitting a good time of year, a month or so to get registered with the agencies and hope work picks up from April.
How urgent is your desire to transition from a high powered job (you don’t get 3 mths notice for nothing) into trucking?

Thanks Stu.
After spending getting on for £5k to get my licence & being v. fed up with the industry/Company/Team/Role I’m in, I’m looking to get started asap, notice period allowing.
Is there anything special about April, except the new Financial Year that I’m unaware of? I’ll certainly start registering, so many thanks already for your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scroops:
Hi all,

I passed my C+E Practical Test yesterday & my Licence has been sent off to be updated. I am expecting to meet the same experience obstacles as most/all of the newbies so wanted some advice as to how to start getting some experience. I am in a Full-time Mon-Fri job with 3 months notice period, so currently, I’ll be stuck with getting any weekend agency work.

Is this something that is likely to be available & would it be worth getting any experience e.g. rigid or artic at this stage?

I’m contacting as many agencies etc. as I can this weekend to see where I stand but thought I’d ask this very helpful forum for any general steers/ tips, which will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Scroopster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you go for the weekend agency work you will legally only be able to do it every other weekend if your other job is Monday to Friday, and you will also need to do manual entries recording ‘‘other work’’ for your Monday to Friday job, don’t put your new licence at risk :sunglasses:

I’m only a year ahead of you on the same journey, so don’t know too much, but there are lots of comments on here that post Xmas is very quiet for all logistics. With work hopefully picking up in the Spring.
But that is in general for the whole economy, you only need one job for yourself, so just try and see what you get.