Neweu rules ,,read in Politico

I was just reading about new rules for eu haulage companies according to politico it started this year where by haulage could not ply their trade throughout eu ie they can not continue to haul in each others countries all the time they must return to their home country for so long along with other restrictions (the east europeans are going mad about ) never heard anything on bbc though can not think why

fuse:
never heard anything on bbc though can not think why

Well for one it’s Politico which means it might be completely made up BS as they’re quite infamous for distorting facts to the point of outright lying. Secondly as we’re not in the EU why would we need to hear anything on the BBC? It’s an internal EU problem for EU hauliers, nothing to do with the UK.

Notice that this wasnt brought in when certain countrys were being brought to thier knees with cheap labour that was sending the wages home rather thaan spending them in the local area boosting the economy. Now that the next two largest contributers are under attack they decide to do something about it.

cooper1203:
Notice that this wasnt brought in

What has been brought in ?

And you might note that after Brexit, the UK started operating slacker Cabotage rules than the EU.

Franglais:

cooper1203:

And you might note that after Brexit, the UK started operating slacker Cabotage rules than the EU.

err the “new rules”

cooper1203:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

err the “new rules”

Errrr…what new rules?

Franglais:

cooper1203:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

err the “new rules”

Errrr…what new rules?

fuse:
I was just reading about new rules for eu haulage companies according to politico it started this year where by haulage could not ply their trade throughout eu ie they can not continue to haul in each others countries all the time they must return to their home country for so long along with other restrictions (the east europeans are going mad about ) never heard anything on bbc though can not think why

Franglais:

cooper1203:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

err the “new rules”

Errrr…what new rules?

fuse:

Have you read them?
I can`t find them. A link would be nice, please.

The article was quite long winded but it kicks free movement out of the window, I thought it would be worse for third countries that is why I would have expected the bbc to cover it but on second thoughts nothing negative about the eu comes out of the bbc

fuse:
The article was quite long winded but it kicks free movement out of the window, I thought it would be worse for third countries that is why I would have expected the bbc to cover it but on second thoughts nothing negative about the eu comes out of the bbc

I was guessing from your first post it was about Cabotage.
Is it about “free movement”? People/goods/workers?

I cant see anything in Politico site, I daresay it is there, but I cant see what you mean.
I can see nowt on BBC either. So same as Fail/Express/Sun/Mirror/Gaurdian then.

cooper1203:
err the “new rules”

Franglais:
Errrr…what new rules?

C`mon…
Since Fuse is being a bit vague, and you also commented on them, what new rules are you talking about?

As I said the article was long winded , some countries have been complaining about east european companies ,the rules have been changed as of Feb 22 that hauliers had to go back to their own country I think it was every 8 weeks ? …they do not want them running about loaded picking up work that is done by the host countries hauliers …eg I take a load from liverpool to london when in london I pick up work knocking about doing cut rate stuff until I make my way back to liverpool then do it all again

fuse:
As I said the article was long winded , some countries have been complaining about east european companies ,the rules have been changed as of Feb 22 that hauliers had to go back to their own country I think it was every 8 weeks ? …they do not want them running about loaded picking up work that is done by the host countries hauliers …eg I take a load from liverpool to london when in london I pick up work knocking about doing cut rate stuff until I make my way back to liverpool then do it all again

Thank you.
22nd Feb 2022 made a search easier.

Law passed in 2020 but came into effect this year.
Cabotage regs are 3 moves in 7 days, then 4 days “cooling off” outside the country where those operations took place.
And as you say every truck must return to home country at least once every 8 weeks.

The UK, because of Brexit, was able ignore even those old rules and allowed unlimited Cabotage trips for foreign trucks for 2 weeks inside the UK. They can then do a hop over The Channel and return to do the same again.

A “Brexit Bonus”!
… for foreign hauliers.

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … uliers.pdf
market-insights.upply.com/en/20 … ty-package
franceroutes.fr/actualites/ … en-europe/

I’m amazed it always gets missed that we too could have always limited movements within this country but chose not to because cheap labour kept things cheap and that came ahead of the domestic workforce.

This was a UK government decision solely. But, yeah, EUs fault… that and a lack of full understanding as is being shown in this thread.

Franglais:
Have you read them?
I can`t find them. A link would be nice, please.

I’d hazard a guess this is all about 1054/2020, so not exactly new…
legislation.gov.uk/eur/2020/1054/contents

There’s also the EU mobility package, which is actually three different pieces of legislation, so is bound to lead to confusion
freightlink.co.uk/knowledge … -know-2022

You can not blame Brexit…we have not had it yet…do not forget it took the fuel protest and the argument about foreign trucks using our roads free of charge and the fact they could come here with full tanks of diesel that was far cheaper than ours .that protest brought to the for our road tax of between £3000 and £6000 per year I think it came down to £500…£1000…

fuse:
You can not blame Brexit…we have not had it yet…
that protest brought to the for our road tax of between £3000 and £6000 per year I think it came down to £500…£1000…

We have had Brexit, we fully left the EU on 1st January 2021. Road tax is still that amount for pre-Euro HGVs. It became lower as newer vehicles are taxed on emissions now.

We have not had the full benefit of Brexit yet…ukraine covid, it will take time nothing wrong with Europe it is the mafia run eu we are best out of it …

fuse:
We have not had the full benefit of Brexit yet…

Thanks for the laugh. Please list a single benefit.