Newcomer

Hi everyone.
First of all, I will intro myself.
My name is Eli, a 48 yo Britspaniard from Mallorca that after 10+ years experience pulling boat trailers with 3.5T vans all over Europe for the yachting industry, and doing multidrop from Heathrow into London and the South West, has decided to go a step up the ladder and pased Class C and full initial CPC (250 hours classroom torture + 20 practical). All done in Palma with a Renault Midliner 6 speed. 2 minors in driving test and 85% on CPC.
In theory, a fully qualified C class with no experience, but well prepared and willing to give it a good shot.
Moving to Salisbury in a couple of weeks and looking for any job In the South West that allows me to get a few miles under the belt with a view to do my C+E as soon as I am ready. This time, over in the UK.
Been stalking you lot on this forum for a while and I can see you are a great bunch, appart from the odd “hate 'em all bloody foreigners” one.
Not to worry though, you get them everywhere…
Well, that’s me.
If anyone needs advice on Spain and its road network, its law or anything to do with translation, costumes, traditions, grub, drink or living there in general, you will always find me ready to give a helping hand.
At the end of the day, we are two countries united by a different language :wink:

Merry Xmas to all and, hopefully, see you on the road.

Hi and welcome mate :slight_smile:
I,m a brit, currently living on the Costa Blanca, been here 12 yrs, but am returning to Blighty next week, (could take some getting used to, Minus 5 degrees :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:) , mainly due to the economic situation in Spain. Passed C and C+E about a year and a half ago but have never driven professionally here or in UK. I know from what i read on here its gonna be pretty tough trying to get a start, but hey nothing to lose everything to gain :smiley: Wish you all the best with your own search :sunglasses:

bandit12:
Hi and welcome mate :slight_smile:
I,m a brit, currently living on the Costa Blanca, been here 12 yrs, but am returning to Blighty next week, (could take some getting used to, Minus 5 degrees :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:) , mainly due to the economic situation in Spain. Passed C and C+E about a year and a half ago but have never driven professionally here or in UK. I know from what i read on here its gonna be pretty tough trying to get a start, but hey nothing to lose everything to gain :smiley: Wish you all the best with your own search :sunglasses:

Cheers Bandit!

Done the route Denia-Soto Grande & Gib a few times. Know your area well. Have family in ALC.
I know we’ll be shocked by the cold, coming back from the beautiful Med as we are, but easier to fight than the heat on an evening in July down by Gandia, ain’t it? :wink:

As per finding a job, nothing can be worse than trying in Mallorca at the mo, so hopes are high. Not scared at all.

Thanks for the kind welcome and keep up the spirits. Something will surely come up mate!

Later…

Welcome :slight_smile:

mrpj:
Welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you mrpj.

Hope I can be of use to the community.

Merry Crimbo :smiley:

The economic situation is the same here as in Spain

Good luck finding a job

Welcome to the mad house

Try the ex pats or the Euro forum as there are a few in spain in there you may be of help

animal:

Good luck finding a job

Welcome to the mad house

Try the ex pats or the Euro forum as there are a few in spain in there you may be of help

Hi Animal and thanx.

Yes I know Europe is in a mess at the mo, but some trades have been hit harder than others.

In Spain, transport is at its worst due to the slump of the building trade, so lots of drivers walking about asking for a break. Not a nice sight :frowning:
The yachting trade on the contrary, is at an all time high. Hundreds of service companies employing thousands of English speaking workers from all over the globe.
Going out in Palma any evening of the week means sharing the bar with Ozzies, kiwis, South Africans, Americans, Brits and the odd Canadian here and there. And local Spaniards are not out of the game either. But, no Hgv drivers are needed, and I want to drive for a living.

Will look into the expat forums and offer my help as you suggest.

Merry crimbo :wink:

Cockney Spaniard:

animal:

Good luck finding a job

Welcome to the mad house

Hi Animal and thanx.

Yes I know Europe is in a mess at the mo, but some trades have been hit harder than others.

In Spain, transport is at its worst due to the slump of the building trade, so lots of drivers walking about asking for a break. Not a nice sight :frowning:
The yachting trade on the contrary, is at an all time high. Hundreds of service companies employing thousands of English speaking workers from all over the globe.
Going out in Palma any evening of the week means sharing the bar with Ozzies, kiwis, South Africans, Americans, Brits and the odd Canadian here and there. And local Spaniards are not out of the game either. But, no Hgv drivers are needed, and I want to drive for a living.

Sound a bit like the UK that in fact this country is on its knees :frowning: lot of people out of work in all areas

animal:

Cockney Spaniard:

animal:

Good luck finding a job

Welcome to the mad house

Hi Animal and thanx.

Yep. That’s the drill right now. Talked to a mate of mine today about it. He is from Liverpool and runs a boat supplies co. with a couple of courier vans and three Transits. He says that if the family structure in Spain wasn’t so strong, the 6 million unemployed would be setting the streets on fire. I agree. They really do help each other over here. Maybe a lesson to be learned in there.
Meanwhile, only choice for some is to look up North to try and make a living. At the end of the day, the summer season down here is a good source of income for many from depressed areas all over the continent. Give and take I guess…

Sound a bit like the UK that in fact this country is on its knees :frowning: lot of people out of work in all areas