Newcastle parking.

Pal of mine is running down A1 tonight and looking at parking around Newcastle area. He wants somewhere with a kebab house nearby so he can pig out. Anything around Team Valley or anywhere else please?

Thanks
Matt

You used to be able to park in St James footy stadium car park but I don’t know if you still can. Failing that he can park right behind the high street in Birtley. There’s plenty of pubs and take aways there, coming from the North he needs to come off just after the angel, turn right at the r/about, follow it into Birtley, he’ll see a Co op store on his left and he needs to turn right 50 feet before it. It actually looks unsuitable but it opens right up around the back.

the maoster:
You used to be able to park in St James footy stadium car park but I don’t know if you still can. Failing that he can park right behind the high street in Birtley. There’s plenty of pubs and take aways there, coming from the North he needs to come off just after the angel, turn right at the r/about, follow it into Birtley, he’ll see a Co op store on his left and he needs to turn right 50 feet before it. It actually looks unsuitable but it opens right up around the back.

Any idea the road name mate so he can put it in sat nav?

Matt

I thought you might ask that! Tbh it’s just one of them places I know so never use sat nav for it. I’ve just looked on my maps thingy and it’s called Durham Road. Tbh I’m a bit suspicious about that as the A167 main road would imo be called Durham road. Tell him to put that in but look out for The Railway Tavern on his left, soon as he passes that take next right. Hope that helps?

the maoster:
I thought you might ask that! Tbh it’s just one of them places I know so never use sat nav for it. I’ve just looked on my maps thingy and it’s called Durham Road. Tbh I’m a bit suspicious about that as the A167 main road would imo be called Durham road. Tell him to put that in but look out for The Railway Tavern on his left, soon as he passes that take next right. Hope that helps?

I looked on google earth think its called Durham road west. Turn right before the coop and theres 2 car parks behind there?

Matt

Lots of motors park on the team valley estate. There are pubs and the shopping outlet with McD Also Sainsburys. The main roads are Dukesway, ( parallel with the A1) Kingsway, Earlsway, and Queensway. No probs now with parking.The wardens seem to have disappeared. Regards Kevmac.

Come north on Redheugh bridge from A1 turn left at the lights and left at the mini island then right in to railway st a lot park on there and in the streets around ,there’s a 7.5 tonner does food at the bottom end of the street although I doubt he be there at this time of day .try ord street too off railway st I’ve seen some parked next to buses on there in the corner by the bridge .

xfmatt:

the maoster:

I looked on google earth think its called Durham road west. Turn right before the coop and theres 2 car parks behind there?

Matt

Can’t make out the street name on my google earth, but there is a high tech public loo on my he corner where he needs to turn! :smiley:

From above you can see 50 or so cars parked there, it’s literally behind the buildings on the main road.

If I’m around there I usually head to Ponteland. Stick Meadowfield Rd in you sat nav. there is a large area of unmade ground on the industrial estate and it’s free to park. There are pubs, a Chinese, a kebab shop and a Sainsbury’s within 5 mins walk.

the maoster:

xfmatt:

the maoster:

Matt

Can’t make out the street name on my google earth, but there is a high tech public loo on my he corner where he needs to turn! :smiley:

From above you can see 50 or so cars parked there, it’s literally behind the buildings on the main road.

Thought I had better mention that what was the Coop in the middle of Birtley has been demolished. Morrisons have bought the site and some of the surrounding land and are building a new store. The whole area is a building site. I think some of the car parking is still available but not sure what the access is like or if it would be suitable for overnighting.

It’s a bit tight for parking behind the shops in Birtley now with the building works taking place. I generally park on Team Valley, sainsburys at the north end of the valley, a couple of pubs at the south end and there’s a Chinese and all night burger van on earlsway. Plenty of parking to be had and there’s a 24 hour McDonald’s and a pizza shop too.
I have also in the past parked on crowther industrial estate behind Washington services but there’s only a Toby carvery and a sports bar there.